I am sitting here waiting for the 2nd batch of Mexican wedding cookies to come out of the oven. I would really like to be in bed already but with the dough having to be in the refrigerator for 3 hours and other things going on, I wasn't able to start them sooner. So, here I am. Why am I making Mexican wedding cookies? Well, once a month at school the teachers are having a luncheon to beat the brown bag blues. Each luncheon has a theme. The first one, which I missed because I had to be refingerprinted, was an ABC luncheon. This one is a Mexican luncheon. Thus, the Mexican wedding cookies.
Speaking of cookies, yesterday, the crummiest of all days this week, the cookie dough for our cookie dough fundraiser came in. I had to load and unload and sort and deliver in the rain. Thankfully, by the time I got down to really doing the delivering, the rain was just spitting as opposed to the "open up the floodgates of heaven" rain we had been getting for the 2 hours+ prior to that. As I was doing all of this I just kept thinking of my precious son's face and how all of this will be worth it when I get to hold him for the first time. That time cannot come soon enough. I will certainly be glad when all of this cookie dough is either delivered or sold. Yes, I do have some extra cookie dough as I had to order full cases. So, if you would like some cookie dough, just let me know. I kept some myself and plan to use it this weekend for the Harvest Hog Roast at church and for the Music Boosters Bake Sale at the Fall Festival downtown. At least I only have to scoop and bake.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My Thankful List
- salvation through Jesus Christ
- my beautiful daughter who is beautiful from the inside out
- a referral of an adorable little boy named Levi
- a letter of intent before the September 1st deadline
- God spared my daughter from serious injury when hit by a car in Colorado
- a wonderful year with my "exchange daughter" from Estonia - Mari-Liis
- my faithful companion for the past 6 years - Millie - my springer spaniel
- the peace and joy that comes with surrendering everything to the Lord
- safety through all the storms that have passed our way
- my supportive family
- my incredible church family
- a sump pump that continued to work for 10 weeks of water and sand seepage
- birds singing and bugs chirping
- neighbors and friends who lend a hand in your time of need
- being able to sleep withe the windows open
- a new deck to enjoy summer when it stops storming so much
- the sound of children playing outside on a warm summer night
- heat when its cold and air conditioning when its hot
- the blessing of a great job
- church picnics
- chocolate
- beautiful sunsets over Lake Michigan
- summer vacation
- beautiful blue skies and warm (not hot) summer days
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(114)
-
▼
October
(17)
- Thankful Thursday
- Super Saturday
- Steven Curtis Chapman and Michael W. Smith
- Trying to be Thankful
- Lots to be Thankful for
- Prayer Requests
- Shopping and Prayer Request
- Thankful Thursday
- Nine is Fine and Happy 4 Month Birthday Levi
- 7 Random Things About Me
- Friends
- Eight is Not So Great!
- Thankful Thursday
- Cookies
- Life Lessons
- Thankful Thursday
- New Picture...
-
▼
October
(17)

3 comments:
Sounds like you are cookied-out! You are right though, just picturing that sweet face could probably get you through just about anything.
Hi Tracy!!
I haven't been able to look at blogs lately and I am catching up...
Lifting you up in prayer today..
I love the new picture of your son!
God's peace and blessings,
Scarlett
Hi,Tracy! I just came across your blog and found that we have a lot in common... both Christians, like scrapbooking and decorating, both elementary teachers (although I'm not teaching right now), and I have an adopted daughter! You can check my blog out, if you'd like... www.roselawn.us
Sherry
Post a Comment