Today we have lots of things to be thankful for. I opened my email this morning to find an update email from Jynger. It said that my I-600 has been filed with the consulate and that I should receive an email within a week acknowledging that it has been filed. Then, I opened my email at school to find that, according to the Board minutes, my adoption leave request has been approved. Can my day get any better than that?
Well, yes it can!! As I stated yesterday, my mom was to have surgery to remove a growth on her finger. When they were giving her antibiotics through IV, she had a violent reaction to the antibiotics and had to be taken to the emergency room at the hospital. Today we found out just how serious things were. The anesthesiologist informed my parents that had he not reacted quickly to give her Benadryl and steroids, she would not have made it. So, today I am also thankful that my mom is still with us and that Levi will get to know his "grandma nuts". That is the name the grandchildren have for my mom. Don't worry!! She is okay with it!! She even put it on her license plate.
By the way, she did not have her surgery. She will have to reschedule for sometime next week, I believe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My Thankful List
- salvation through Jesus Christ
- my beautiful daughter who is beautiful from the inside out
- a referral of an adorable little boy named Levi
- a letter of intent before the September 1st deadline
- God spared my daughter from serious injury when hit by a car in Colorado
- a wonderful year with my "exchange daughter" from Estonia - Mari-Liis
- my faithful companion for the past 6 years - Millie - my springer spaniel
- the peace and joy that comes with surrendering everything to the Lord
- safety through all the storms that have passed our way
- my supportive family
- my incredible church family
- a sump pump that continued to work for 10 weeks of water and sand seepage
- birds singing and bugs chirping
- neighbors and friends who lend a hand in your time of need
- being able to sleep withe the windows open
- a new deck to enjoy summer when it stops storming so much
- the sound of children playing outside on a warm summer night
- heat when its cold and air conditioning when its hot
- the blessing of a great job
- church picnics
- chocolate
- beautiful sunsets over Lake Michigan
- summer vacation
- beautiful blue skies and warm (not hot) summer days
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(114)
-
▼
October
(17)
- Thankful Thursday
- Super Saturday
- Steven Curtis Chapman and Michael W. Smith
- Trying to be Thankful
- Lots to be Thankful for
- Prayer Requests
- Shopping and Prayer Request
- Thankful Thursday
- Nine is Fine and Happy 4 Month Birthday Levi
- 7 Random Things About Me
- Friends
- Eight is Not So Great!
- Thankful Thursday
- Cookies
- Life Lessons
- Thankful Thursday
- New Picture...
-
▼
October
(17)

4 comments:
WOW! How's that for some movement in the process?! What great news! And I'm so glad your leave was granted without any more hassle. Thanks be to God! I'm so glad your mom is okay, too. Whew, what a day!
Praise the Lord! It sounds like an amazing day for giving thanks. I'm so glad your mom is OK.
Glad to hear your mom is well and all! I can't believe you got the update so quickly! Awesome! See? When you are so thankful for stuff in life - it just keeps coming at ya! Beware! :)
Yay! Lots of good happening.
Sorry to hear about your Mom, but glad they were able to help her quickly. Hugs to all.
M.
Post a Comment