Thursday, October 23, 2008
Trying to be Thankful
Okay, I know that I have been trying to keep Thursday as my thankful day of posting but I am really struggling with it today. I think you all heard my thankful thoughts on Tuesday instead of Thursday this week. After two long nights of negotiations, we have come to very little agreement on a contract and an intent to strike has been filed. They will meet again for negotiations on Monday of next week. The stress level in our school is getting to an alarming rate and I don't know how much more of it I can take. This morning I had one of those "I don't want to get up and go to school" kind of mornings. I have had years like this before but it doesn't usually happen until the second semester. This is way too early to be feeling like this. I am begging all of you reading my blog to pray that this situation can be resolved without a strike. At this point, I don't think it can be resolved without Divine intervention. I won't say much more because it makes me really mad to think about. So I will leave it with this thought: PLEASE PRAY!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My Thankful List
- salvation through Jesus Christ
- my beautiful daughter who is beautiful from the inside out
- a referral of an adorable little boy named Levi
- a letter of intent before the September 1st deadline
- God spared my daughter from serious injury when hit by a car in Colorado
- a wonderful year with my "exchange daughter" from Estonia - Mari-Liis
- my faithful companion for the past 6 years - Millie - my springer spaniel
- the peace and joy that comes with surrendering everything to the Lord
- safety through all the storms that have passed our way
- my supportive family
- my incredible church family
- a sump pump that continued to work for 10 weeks of water and sand seepage
- birds singing and bugs chirping
- neighbors and friends who lend a hand in your time of need
- being able to sleep withe the windows open
- a new deck to enjoy summer when it stops storming so much
- the sound of children playing outside on a warm summer night
- heat when its cold and air conditioning when its hot
- the blessing of a great job
- church picnics
- chocolate
- beautiful sunsets over Lake Michigan
- summer vacation
- beautiful blue skies and warm (not hot) summer days
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(114)
-
▼
October
(17)
- Thankful Thursday
- Super Saturday
- Steven Curtis Chapman and Michael W. Smith
- Trying to be Thankful
- Lots to be Thankful for
- Prayer Requests
- Shopping and Prayer Request
- Thankful Thursday
- Nine is Fine and Happy 4 Month Birthday Levi
- 7 Random Things About Me
- Friends
- Eight is Not So Great!
- Thankful Thursday
- Cookies
- Life Lessons
- Thankful Thursday
- New Picture...
-
▼
October
(17)

5 comments:
Done! I'm sorry you are feeling stressed. It is a tough situation to be in. God is able.
Okay, OT - it's Thursday! Amazing! So one more day of having to wake up early, then it's the weekend time to just sit back and forget it all! Then off to the new week... save those thoughts for next week and just get to the weekend and think - Levi!!!
Hang in there! Positive thoughts are coming your way!
I'll be prayin' for ya!
Hugs to you, Trace. Sorry things aren't going well at school. I can only imagine the stress level. The Lord hears. We're praying for you. Call if you want to talk.
Love you.
M.
Post a Comment