Thursday, October 2, 2008

Thankful Thursday






Too often in our lives we focus on the problems and not the blessings. So, starting today, I want to dedicate time each week to remember the things that I am thankful for. There are several this week. First of all, I am thankful for my aunt Jean. Last week Thursday I received word that she had passed away. Over the years she has endured many different trials, from health related issues to the death of her son at age 20. She endured and persevered through all these trials and always had a smile for me and for my daughter when we would get to visit with her. The latter part of her years were spent far away from where my family lives and so the times that I got to see her were few. However, I have such fond memories of her. I will always remember her ribbon cookies at Christmas and the way she loved on my dog Millie.

Second, I am thankful for the new pictures of Levi that we received this week. He is so absolutely adorable and I cannot wait to hold him in my arms and cuddle and snuggle with him.

Third, I am thankful that it looks really good that everything is going to work out for me to get the full 9 weeks I am requesting as paid time off! God is good!!

Fourth, I am thankful for the beautiful weather for all the Homecoming activities last week and that my daughter actually asked me to be a part of it.

No comments:

My Thankful List

  • salvation through Jesus Christ
  • my beautiful daughter who is beautiful from the inside out
  • a referral of an adorable little boy named Levi
  • a letter of intent before the September 1st deadline
  • God spared my daughter from serious injury when hit by a car in Colorado
  • a wonderful year with my "exchange daughter" from Estonia - Mari-Liis
  • my faithful companion for the past 6 years - Millie - my springer spaniel
  • the peace and joy that comes with surrendering everything to the Lord
  • safety through all the storms that have passed our way
  • my supportive family
  • my incredible church family
  • a sump pump that continued to work for 10 weeks of water and sand seepage
  • birds singing and bugs chirping
  • neighbors and friends who lend a hand in your time of need
  • being able to sleep withe the windows open
  • a new deck to enjoy summer when it stops storming so much
  • the sound of children playing outside on a warm summer night
  • heat when its cold and air conditioning when its hot
  • the blessing of a great job
  • church picnics
  • chocolate
  • beautiful sunsets over Lake Michigan
  • summer vacation
  • beautiful blue skies and warm (not hot) summer days