Monday, October 13, 2008

7 Random Things About Me

Okay, so my fellow blogger and friend Stephanie has tagged me and challenged me to post seven random things about me. So, here it goes!

1. When I was in grade school and junior high, I was in a marching unit. I did flags, rifles and chimes as well as carrying the banner for our unit.

2. In junior high, I was chosen Miss Loyalty Day queen.

3. I met my husband Brent while living on-campus at Calvin College in Grand Rapids. I knew one of his roommates my sophmore year and then my junior year I lived in an on-campus apartment with 5 roommates directly above his apartment. One of the first nights we were back at school him and two of his roommates climbed up the balcony to meet us and then we all went out to see the fireworks and eat at Yesterdog! Great place to eat! I have since taken my daughter there. I'm not sure she is as impressed as we were!

4. I have a Special Education degree, even though I teach regular elementary school. Someday I would love to teach children with moderate mental retardation. I love working with children with Down's Syndrome.

5. When I was growing up, I wanted 6 children - 3 girls and 3 boys, just like the Brady Bunch.

6. I took piano lessons through 9th grade and can play well enough. I would love to be able to find the time to improve my piano playing and would like to learn how to play guitar as well.

7. I did not become a Christian until I was in junior high. I have my mom to thank for this because she encouraged me to attend Campus Life. It has changed my life. I don't know where I would be or how I would have handled my husband's mental illness and suicide and the struggles of single parenthood if it were not for my relationship with the Lord. He has carried me so many times when I could not carry on on my own. I cannot even imagine my life without Him. I cannot wait to someday kneel at His feet and lay all of my crowns at His feet. My desire is to hear Him say, "Well done, good and faithful servant!" That is what I strive for! I realize at times I don't strive enough for this but praise God He never stops working on me and He forgives me when I come to Him in true repentance!

So, now I tag Lisa O., Lisa B., Erin, Natasha, Jessica, Michelle, Melanie, and all you others who check my blog on a regular basis. You know who you are!

1 comment:

Salzwedel Family said...

Thanks for completing the tag! It's good to know you a little better.

My Thankful List

  • salvation through Jesus Christ
  • my beautiful daughter who is beautiful from the inside out
  • a referral of an adorable little boy named Levi
  • a letter of intent before the September 1st deadline
  • God spared my daughter from serious injury when hit by a car in Colorado
  • a wonderful year with my "exchange daughter" from Estonia - Mari-Liis
  • my faithful companion for the past 6 years - Millie - my springer spaniel
  • the peace and joy that comes with surrendering everything to the Lord
  • safety through all the storms that have passed our way
  • my supportive family
  • my incredible church family
  • a sump pump that continued to work for 10 weeks of water and sand seepage
  • birds singing and bugs chirping
  • neighbors and friends who lend a hand in your time of need
  • being able to sleep withe the windows open
  • a new deck to enjoy summer when it stops storming so much
  • the sound of children playing outside on a warm summer night
  • heat when its cold and air conditioning when its hot
  • the blessing of a great job
  • church picnics
  • chocolate
  • beautiful sunsets over Lake Michigan
  • summer vacation
  • beautiful blue skies and warm (not hot) summer days