Friday, October 17, 2008

Shopping and Prayer Request

Today after school Rachel and I did a little shopping. It was meant to be just groceries and looking for some shoes and other accessories for Rachel for the wedding of our youth pastor tomorrow. HOwever, the deals at Kohls and Wal-Mart on little boys clothes was too good to pass up, so I picked up some cute little things for Levi. It makes it feel more real, like it is actually going to happen. Some days I wonder if it ever will.

I would like to ask for your prayers tonight. Our staff has been working without a contract since June. There have been countless negotiations that have yielded little positive results. Last night we voted on an intent to strike. It was an almost unanimous vote. I believe that they have not formally filed this Intent with the state but are waiting to see how negotiations go on Tuesday and Wednesday of next week. Please pray that the school board will be more willing to work to bring about a comparable and competitive contract for all our staff and that it does not come to a strike. I really can't afford to strike but I also don't think we can settle for what they are offering.

3 comments:

Salzwedel Family said...

It is hard...some years ago my husband's company ended up striking. Thankfully it didn't last long. I'll be praying for this situation.

cupfar said...

Praying for the best for everyone involved! And shopping!! How fun!! Isn't it awful all the great sales at Kohl's?? I have kept myself from going there for a while - I come up with too many excuses in the store of why I should buy so much!

Chad and Jess said...

Tracy,

We had a similar situation in our district a couple years ago. I will join you in prayer about that!

My Thankful List

  • salvation through Jesus Christ
  • my beautiful daughter who is beautiful from the inside out
  • a referral of an adorable little boy named Levi
  • a letter of intent before the September 1st deadline
  • God spared my daughter from serious injury when hit by a car in Colorado
  • a wonderful year with my "exchange daughter" from Estonia - Mari-Liis
  • my faithful companion for the past 6 years - Millie - my springer spaniel
  • the peace and joy that comes with surrendering everything to the Lord
  • safety through all the storms that have passed our way
  • my supportive family
  • my incredible church family
  • a sump pump that continued to work for 10 weeks of water and sand seepage
  • birds singing and bugs chirping
  • neighbors and friends who lend a hand in your time of need
  • being able to sleep withe the windows open
  • a new deck to enjoy summer when it stops storming so much
  • the sound of children playing outside on a warm summer night
  • heat when its cold and air conditioning when its hot
  • the blessing of a great job
  • church picnics
  • chocolate
  • beautiful sunsets over Lake Michigan
  • summer vacation
  • beautiful blue skies and warm (not hot) summer days