Tonight there was a special school board meeting held at the high school. Most of it was going to be held in executive session but they did begin with a public forum that was well attended by parents and community members. There were a number of people who spoke up on behalf of the teachers and support staff in our district, including my daughter. I was so proud of her! She was respectful but got her point across. Well, at least she made her point with the staff, community, and parents. Here's hoping she and the other people who spoke made their point to the school board. Nonetheless, I was very proud of her and encouraged by the support from the community.
My mom had her surgery today and came through fine. Praise God!!
Today, after waiting more than 2 weeks to receive an email confirming receipt of my I-600 and Levi's dossier at the consulate, I was instructed by the staff to send emails to the people at the consulate. Supposedly this receipt should have come after about 1 week. I am trusting God because I know He is faithful! If I don't, I know I will lose my mind!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My Thankful List
- salvation through Jesus Christ
- my beautiful daughter who is beautiful from the inside out
- a referral of an adorable little boy named Levi
- a letter of intent before the September 1st deadline
- God spared my daughter from serious injury when hit by a car in Colorado
- a wonderful year with my "exchange daughter" from Estonia - Mari-Liis
- my faithful companion for the past 6 years - Millie - my springer spaniel
- the peace and joy that comes with surrendering everything to the Lord
- safety through all the storms that have passed our way
- my supportive family
- my incredible church family
- a sump pump that continued to work for 10 weeks of water and sand seepage
- birds singing and bugs chirping
- neighbors and friends who lend a hand in your time of need
- being able to sleep withe the windows open
- a new deck to enjoy summer when it stops storming so much
- the sound of children playing outside on a warm summer night
- heat when its cold and air conditioning when its hot
- the blessing of a great job
- church picnics
- chocolate
- beautiful sunsets over Lake Michigan
- summer vacation
- beautiful blue skies and warm (not hot) summer days
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(114)
-
▼
November
(18)
- Book Tag
- Happy Thanksgiving
- A Ray of Sunshine
- DNA Testing
- Thankful Thursday
- Photo Tag
- Dear Levi,Your sister Rachel and I are eagerly awa...
- Worth Thinking About
- Happy 5 Month Birthday, Levi
- Hope
- Just Hanging Out and Thinking
- Thank You
- Agreement Reached
- Please Pray
- I-600 Receipt
- Proud Mama
- Height and Weight Update
- Playing Around
-
▼
November
(18)

1 comment:
Hang in there, Tracy! Glad to hear that your Mom is doing well. We're hoping and praying that you hear good news soon about the I-600 and the work situation!
Post a Comment