Monday, November 24, 2008
DNA Testing
This morning I received an email from the consulate saying that we needed to have DNA testing done. According to the email they said they had emailed this to me on October 28th when they sent receipt of my I-600. I looked again at the information I received and there was nothing on it. So, I guess that means we won't be traveling before Christmas. My heart is sad as I write this. I know that God is still in control and there is a reason, but sometimes that doesn't make things easy to bear. I pray that Levi's birthmom will be found quickly, that she will agree to the testing and will have peace, and that all the testing will be completed in a timely manner.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My Thankful List
- salvation through Jesus Christ
- my beautiful daughter who is beautiful from the inside out
- a referral of an adorable little boy named Levi
- a letter of intent before the September 1st deadline
- God spared my daughter from serious injury when hit by a car in Colorado
- a wonderful year with my "exchange daughter" from Estonia - Mari-Liis
- my faithful companion for the past 6 years - Millie - my springer spaniel
- the peace and joy that comes with surrendering everything to the Lord
- safety through all the storms that have passed our way
- my supportive family
- my incredible church family
- a sump pump that continued to work for 10 weeks of water and sand seepage
- birds singing and bugs chirping
- neighbors and friends who lend a hand in your time of need
- being able to sleep withe the windows open
- a new deck to enjoy summer when it stops storming so much
- the sound of children playing outside on a warm summer night
- heat when its cold and air conditioning when its hot
- the blessing of a great job
- church picnics
- chocolate
- beautiful sunsets over Lake Michigan
- summer vacation
- beautiful blue skies and warm (not hot) summer days
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(114)
-
▼
November
(18)
- Book Tag
- Happy Thanksgiving
- A Ray of Sunshine
- DNA Testing
- Thankful Thursday
- Photo Tag
- Dear Levi,Your sister Rachel and I are eagerly awa...
- Worth Thinking About
- Happy 5 Month Birthday, Levi
- Hope
- Just Hanging Out and Thinking
- Thank You
- Agreement Reached
- Please Pray
- I-600 Receipt
- Proud Mama
- Height and Weight Update
- Playing Around
-
▼
November
(18)

8 comments:
I'm so sorry. It's frustating when they take so long to let families know. Keeping fingers crossed that Levi's birthmom is found quickly and DNA will be done before you know it.
Tracy,
It is very frustrating to hear this. I was very disapointed to hear this news and hope the DNA process is smoother and faster since they've done this a few times now. I hope your day gets better! I saw Natasha has a picture. A picture would really give your day a lift! Hopefully you'll get one today!!!
Tracy, I am praying that too for you. Thinking of you!
Bummer, Tracy! I'm so sorry to hear that you have to wait on DNA. Hopefully everything will move really quickly with this part and you will be with Levi soon.
Tracy! I just now read this post - bummer! I was waiting to hear news of your pre-approval too! Well, let's hope for the speedy search of our birthmoms and get us on to Vietnam! Perhaps we may even be in the country around the same time! Yes, I was wishing for December up until last month... but now my goal is - BEFORE TET!
I'm so sorry you received this news. It's hard not to get disheartened during the adoption process, but take heart that our Heavenly Father is watching over Joshua and your whole family.
I'm sorry, Trace. I know those delays are so difficult and so disappointing. I remember them all too well.
Hugs to you.
M.
I am sorry that you won't be traveling before Christmas too. It seems that the DNA testing has been going pretty well, so hopefully it won't take too long! :)
He's a doll!
Heather M.
Post a Comment