It always amazes me that when I am going through times of extreme busyness or extreme stress, I can hold sickness at bay. But the minute there is a release in the stress or a pause in the busyness, the sickness comes flooding in. That is where I have been all weekend, including today. After the news of our I-600 receipt and a tentative agreement being reached in regards to our contract, the sinus issues I have been holding at arm's length hit me full force. So, I am home today, having spent most of the morning in bed. It was a good thing as I am beginning to feel some relief. The coughing isn't so intense any more and my head isn't pounding or spinning as bad as it was yesterday.
As I ate some breakfast this morning, I was checking blogs and I am so glad I did because I get to rejoice with Julie who has received her pre-approval today. After 11 months of waiting they will finally be able to bring home their son from Vietnam. Praise God!
On Saturday I spent a good amount of time trying to put together the program for our first Adoption Awareness Sunday at church. I had done some preliminary work prior to Saturday but needed to nail it down so I could present it to our pastor. I still have to work on what things I want to do at the information table I am going to set up. This morning in my quiet time, I came across the following verses from
Psalm 41. They fit so perfectly with Adoption Awareness month and the need to care for orphans. It says:
Blessed is he who has regard for the weak; the Lord delivers him in times of trouble. The Lord will protect him and preserve his life; he will bless him in the land and not surrender him to the desire of his foes.
I love that! I think I am going to use that somewhere in the presentation or at my informational table!
Below is the video that we are going to show on Adoption Awareness Sunday. I can't watch it without crying. So, get out your kleenex if you are sentimental like me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My Thankful List
- salvation through Jesus Christ
- my beautiful daughter who is beautiful from the inside out
- a referral of an adorable little boy named Levi
- a letter of intent before the September 1st deadline
- God spared my daughter from serious injury when hit by a car in Colorado
- a wonderful year with my "exchange daughter" from Estonia - Mari-Liis
- my faithful companion for the past 6 years - Millie - my springer spaniel
- the peace and joy that comes with surrendering everything to the Lord
- safety through all the storms that have passed our way
- my supportive family
- my incredible church family
- a sump pump that continued to work for 10 weeks of water and sand seepage
- birds singing and bugs chirping
- neighbors and friends who lend a hand in your time of need
- being able to sleep withe the windows open
- a new deck to enjoy summer when it stops storming so much
- the sound of children playing outside on a warm summer night
- heat when its cold and air conditioning when its hot
- the blessing of a great job
- church picnics
- chocolate
- beautiful sunsets over Lake Michigan
- summer vacation
- beautiful blue skies and warm (not hot) summer days
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(114)
-
▼
November
(18)
- Book Tag
- Happy Thanksgiving
- A Ray of Sunshine
- DNA Testing
- Thankful Thursday
- Photo Tag
- Dear Levi,Your sister Rachel and I are eagerly awa...
- Worth Thinking About
- Happy 5 Month Birthday, Levi
- Hope
- Just Hanging Out and Thinking
- Thank You
- Agreement Reached
- Please Pray
- I-600 Receipt
- Proud Mama
- Height and Weight Update
- Playing Around
-
▼
November
(18)

1 comment:
Sorry to hear you are not feeling well. I think it's great that you are presenting something on adoption at church.
Post a Comment