Friday, November 14, 2008

Happy 5 Month Birthday, Levi

Today my little guy turned 5 months old. It is difficult not to think about all the milestones that we are missing in his life. I have to admit, I was sure hoping to get an email from the consulate saying that our I-600 had been pre-approved or at least some updated pictures. That was not to be.

Yesterday I got to rejoice with Jessica in that she received her I-600 pre-approval. Today she found out that their Giving and Receiving ceremony (GNR) is December 10th. It is amazing in so many ways but especially because her I-600 was received at the consulate on October 28th, the same day ours was. They have up to 60business days to approve it. It gives me hope that maybe we too will soon be receiving our pre-approval. Of course, I don't want to get my hopes up thinking that for sure it will happen because I have learned that in the world of adoptions, anything goes. What might take one family a short time can take another family a long time.

Tonight I did some grocery shopping and bought some more things for Levi. I am not sure how many clothes to take along for him but I know that I still do not have enough. So, I pick up something here and something there. I picked up the cutest Tigger outfit for him at Wal-Mart. Of course, because his room has a Pooh theme to it, I always scope out anything with Pooh or his friends on it.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Happy 5 Months, Levi! I hope you spend your six month birthday with your forever family! Tracy, isn't it so hard not to get overly excited thinking about when you could receive the word of your pre-approval?! Here's hoping it's really soon!

Salzwedel Family said...

Oooh, not much longer. I can feel it! I can't wait to hear you are traveling.

Chad and Jess said...

Happy Belated Birthday Levi!

My Thankful List

  • salvation through Jesus Christ
  • my beautiful daughter who is beautiful from the inside out
  • a referral of an adorable little boy named Levi
  • a letter of intent before the September 1st deadline
  • God spared my daughter from serious injury when hit by a car in Colorado
  • a wonderful year with my "exchange daughter" from Estonia - Mari-Liis
  • my faithful companion for the past 6 years - Millie - my springer spaniel
  • the peace and joy that comes with surrendering everything to the Lord
  • safety through all the storms that have passed our way
  • my supportive family
  • my incredible church family
  • a sump pump that continued to work for 10 weeks of water and sand seepage
  • birds singing and bugs chirping
  • neighbors and friends who lend a hand in your time of need
  • being able to sleep withe the windows open
  • a new deck to enjoy summer when it stops storming so much
  • the sound of children playing outside on a warm summer night
  • heat when its cold and air conditioning when its hot
  • the blessing of a great job
  • church picnics
  • chocolate
  • beautiful sunsets over Lake Michigan
  • summer vacation
  • beautiful blue skies and warm (not hot) summer days