Jill tagged me for this book tag. Here are the rules for this tag.
1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open it to page 56.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the sentence along with these instructions.
5. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the cool book, or the intellectual one: pick the CLOSEST.
The book I am reading right now is Sunset by Karen Kingsbury. She is one of my favorite authors. Because I am at my parent's house, this is the book that I have closest because it is the one I am reading right now. This is the last in her series about a family called the Baxters. It is actually the last book in the third set of series. The fifth sentence is: Yes, we sure do. It's kind of a boring sentence and doesn't make a lot of sense unless you put it in context. So, let me put it in context. One of the characters in the book (Landon) has just found out that his grandfather is not doing well and may not live long. His grandmother passed away just a few months ago. His grandparents were married for seventy-six years and were very close. He is reminiscing about his grandparents and the incredible influence they have had in his life. He remembers his grandparents singing wherever they would go - whether driving their homemade cheese to the dairy or visiting the sick and shut-in from their community and church. His grandmother would always say to his grandfather, "We have it so good, don't we, Pa?" and his grandpa would respond, "Yes, we sure do." He realizes what a deep faith and love of family his grandparents had.
So, now I tag anyone who has not been tagged to do this yet (Lisa O., Lisa B., Stephanie, Natasha)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My Thankful List
- salvation through Jesus Christ
- my beautiful daughter who is beautiful from the inside out
- a referral of an adorable little boy named Levi
- a letter of intent before the September 1st deadline
- God spared my daughter from serious injury when hit by a car in Colorado
- a wonderful year with my "exchange daughter" from Estonia - Mari-Liis
- my faithful companion for the past 6 years - Millie - my springer spaniel
- the peace and joy that comes with surrendering everything to the Lord
- safety through all the storms that have passed our way
- my supportive family
- my incredible church family
- a sump pump that continued to work for 10 weeks of water and sand seepage
- birds singing and bugs chirping
- neighbors and friends who lend a hand in your time of need
- being able to sleep withe the windows open
- a new deck to enjoy summer when it stops storming so much
- the sound of children playing outside on a warm summer night
- heat when its cold and air conditioning when its hot
- the blessing of a great job
- church picnics
- chocolate
- beautiful sunsets over Lake Michigan
- summer vacation
- beautiful blue skies and warm (not hot) summer days
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(114)
-
▼
November
(18)
- Book Tag
- Happy Thanksgiving
- A Ray of Sunshine
- DNA Testing
- Thankful Thursday
- Photo Tag
- Dear Levi,Your sister Rachel and I are eagerly awa...
- Worth Thinking About
- Happy 5 Month Birthday, Levi
- Hope
- Just Hanging Out and Thinking
- Thank You
- Agreement Reached
- Please Pray
- I-600 Receipt
- Proud Mama
- Height and Weight Update
- Playing Around
-
▼
November
(18)

1 comment:
Hi how are you? I was looking through your blog and I was inspired and impressed with your use of posts and writing.
I have a blog here in Southern California at San Diego and I try to look for new friends who will visit and comment.
I think you may appreciate my different labels and music videos that I use for my posts.
I also intall my art, as it is my High Art blog, however, I have an international audience and you could really meet some of the neatest people through my blog.
I hope to hear from you soon and take care... :)
Post a Comment