Sunday, March 2, 2008

Adoption News

This week we had a little bit of a scare! On Tuesday I emailed Katie to see where they were in authenticating my dossier. She forwarded my email to Rhonda/Kelley who emailed me on Wednesday to tell me that it was held up at the Secretary of State's Office. She said they told her they had called my about redoing a document because of a problem with a notary. I emailed her and told her that I had not received any call from the Secretary of State's office. I asked about calling. She emailed me back with the number. When I called, the lady I talked to was not very polite and told me she had checked with all of the people in her department and didn't have any record of my documents. She told me to find out when and how my documents were sent. I emailed Kelley back who sent the information to me. I then called back to the Secretary of State's office. This time I talked with a lady who was more polite but didn't know anything eithe. She gave me the voicemail of the previous lady. On Friday, I received a phone call from Kelley to say that everything was fine with my dossier. They had filed it under Dillon instead of my name. It was already sent out and was at the Consulate being authenticated there and should be back to Dillon within a week. Boy, did I breathe a sigh of relief!!! Next step, were on the waiting list. I can't wait to get that email. We're one step closer!! Praise the Lord!!

1 comment:

Bob said...

Whew! Glad you didn't have any problems with your dossier. I hope you are on the waiting list soon and soon after that receive your referral!
Carla C

My Thankful List

  • salvation through Jesus Christ
  • my beautiful daughter who is beautiful from the inside out
  • a referral of an adorable little boy named Levi
  • a letter of intent before the September 1st deadline
  • God spared my daughter from serious injury when hit by a car in Colorado
  • a wonderful year with my "exchange daughter" from Estonia - Mari-Liis
  • my faithful companion for the past 6 years - Millie - my springer spaniel
  • the peace and joy that comes with surrendering everything to the Lord
  • safety through all the storms that have passed our way
  • my supportive family
  • my incredible church family
  • a sump pump that continued to work for 10 weeks of water and sand seepage
  • birds singing and bugs chirping
  • neighbors and friends who lend a hand in your time of need
  • being able to sleep withe the windows open
  • a new deck to enjoy summer when it stops storming so much
  • the sound of children playing outside on a warm summer night
  • heat when its cold and air conditioning when its hot
  • the blessing of a great job
  • church picnics
  • chocolate
  • beautiful sunsets over Lake Michigan
  • summer vacation
  • beautiful blue skies and warm (not hot) summer days