Wednesday, March 19, 2008

News and Things

I am happy to say that we have received a copy of our authenticated dossier in the mail today. I'm not sure if that means I am officially on the wait list for a referral or if that happens after my dossier is logged in in Vietnam. From what I understand from others on the forum, this usually takes about 4-6 weeks. So, by the end of April I should be "officially" on the wait list if I'm not already. I just really hope we have a referral before September when the MOU expires. But I also have to keep telling myself that God is in control of this and not me. Interestingly, tonight at church at the end of our praise and worship time, Jamie approached me to tell me that as he was praying God gave him the word "release" for me. He said he didn't know exactly what it meant but that was the word the Lord laid upon his heart to give to me. I'm not sure exactly what it means either but I will receive it and wait for the Lord to show me where this release will come from. It could be related to the adoption or finances or my single status or perhaps my job. I guess the Lord must really be trying to get my attention because on Sunday he gave our pastor's wife a word for me as well. I'm glad He's speaking because I have been really struggling with stress in my life lately. I can't imagine why but that's another story.

Tomorrow is the last day of school before spring break. HOORAY! It can't be here soon enough. This school year has been very stressful and not just on me. I think every staff member I have talked to has felt the same way. We definitely need some time of refreshing and recharging before facing the last two months.

Time to get to bed so I can get up on time tomorrow!

No comments:

My Thankful List

  • salvation through Jesus Christ
  • my beautiful daughter who is beautiful from the inside out
  • a referral of an adorable little boy named Levi
  • a letter of intent before the September 1st deadline
  • God spared my daughter from serious injury when hit by a car in Colorado
  • a wonderful year with my "exchange daughter" from Estonia - Mari-Liis
  • my faithful companion for the past 6 years - Millie - my springer spaniel
  • the peace and joy that comes with surrendering everything to the Lord
  • safety through all the storms that have passed our way
  • my supportive family
  • my incredible church family
  • a sump pump that continued to work for 10 weeks of water and sand seepage
  • birds singing and bugs chirping
  • neighbors and friends who lend a hand in your time of need
  • being able to sleep withe the windows open
  • a new deck to enjoy summer when it stops storming so much
  • the sound of children playing outside on a warm summer night
  • heat when its cold and air conditioning when its hot
  • the blessing of a great job
  • church picnics
  • chocolate
  • beautiful sunsets over Lake Michigan
  • summer vacation
  • beautiful blue skies and warm (not hot) summer days