Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter

We just returned from spending the weekend in Wisconsin with my family. We were supposed to have left on Friday but were delayed a day due to all the snow they were receiving there. We left Saturday morning very early instead. The roads were okay but from what I could tell, I am really glad we didn't try it on Friday.

On Friday, we spent the day starting on some of our projects for the upcoming spring break. We also watched The Passion of the Christ. Rachel wasn't going to watch but did in the end. I'm glad she did. It really reminds you again of the sacrifice Jesus Christ made for each one of us. As He was beaten time and time again, I was reminded that my sins were the cause of those beatings. Each one represented a sin that I have committed or will commit yet (because as much as I don't want to sin, I am still human and will not be perfect until I stand in Heaven with my Lord). Oh, to look on His face and touch His hands and feet where He was pierced for me.

On Easter Sunday we attended church with my parents. In the sermon, the priest talked about why the resurrection is so important. It proves that God has the power to overcome death, hell and the grave. This is reassuring when I think about the many people that I am praying God will heal. He also pointed out that when we repent, it is like we are changing sides. We are moving from the side of darkness to the side of the Light. I had never thought of it this way. Every time I choose to repent of my sin, I am choosing to be on the side of Jesus Christ. And His side is the winning side. So, why wouldn't I want to be on His side?!

No comments:

My Thankful List

  • salvation through Jesus Christ
  • my beautiful daughter who is beautiful from the inside out
  • a referral of an adorable little boy named Levi
  • a letter of intent before the September 1st deadline
  • God spared my daughter from serious injury when hit by a car in Colorado
  • a wonderful year with my "exchange daughter" from Estonia - Mari-Liis
  • my faithful companion for the past 6 years - Millie - my springer spaniel
  • the peace and joy that comes with surrendering everything to the Lord
  • safety through all the storms that have passed our way
  • my supportive family
  • my incredible church family
  • a sump pump that continued to work for 10 weeks of water and sand seepage
  • birds singing and bugs chirping
  • neighbors and friends who lend a hand in your time of need
  • being able to sleep withe the windows open
  • a new deck to enjoy summer when it stops storming so much
  • the sound of children playing outside on a warm summer night
  • heat when its cold and air conditioning when its hot
  • the blessing of a great job
  • church picnics
  • chocolate
  • beautiful sunsets over Lake Michigan
  • summer vacation
  • beautiful blue skies and warm (not hot) summer days