Hooray! We are finally on spring break and on the official first day of spring. The weather today certainly did feel more like spring but I don't think it is shorts weather yet - even though one of my second graders chose to wear them to school. There is still that winter nip in the air that comes in the beginning of spring. Good thing they won't be in school tomorrow as they are predicting some wintry weather again. The weather man said that if we got another 2 inches, it would officially be the snowiest winter on record.
This week we definitely saw some signs of spring as well. There are more birds out and about looking through our yard for food now that most of the snow is gone. We saw a bunny rabbit running across a neigbor's yard. And last night we hit a raccoon running across the road on the way home from church. I hate when that happens, even though I really don't like raccoons. They are still one of God's creatures and it gives me a sick feeling in my stomach when you hear the "thud".
This morning I had to take a half of a sick day because Rachel needed to have something fixed on her braces. The appointment was for 8:00 but we were in and out before then and so I had a morning that I could have been at school. It was good for Rachel because she was very worried about missing any school time. She wants to be able to opt out of two of her finals, which is something they can do if they have missed no more than two days of school. I did enjoy my time at home.
I have to tell a funny story about my dog. I think she is getting more silly and more like a person the older she gets. She has a chair that she really likes to sit in and goes to as soon as we let her out of the basement. When I got home I had put my purse on that chair. I didn't think anything of it until the dog kept standing in front of the chair, wagging her tail and looking back and forth from me to the chair as if to say, "Are you going to get that thing off of my chair?!" As soon as I moved the purse she climbed into the chair and hung her paws off the arm rest like she does so she can see out the window. The rest of the morning she followed me around wherever I went and hopped from my bed to the chair downstairs, depending on where I was.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My Thankful List
- salvation through Jesus Christ
- my beautiful daughter who is beautiful from the inside out
- a referral of an adorable little boy named Levi
- a letter of intent before the September 1st deadline
- God spared my daughter from serious injury when hit by a car in Colorado
- a wonderful year with my "exchange daughter" from Estonia - Mari-Liis
- my faithful companion for the past 6 years - Millie - my springer spaniel
- the peace and joy that comes with surrendering everything to the Lord
- safety through all the storms that have passed our way
- my supportive family
- my incredible church family
- a sump pump that continued to work for 10 weeks of water and sand seepage
- birds singing and bugs chirping
- neighbors and friends who lend a hand in your time of need
- being able to sleep withe the windows open
- a new deck to enjoy summer when it stops storming so much
- the sound of children playing outside on a warm summer night
- heat when its cold and air conditioning when its hot
- the blessing of a great job
- church picnics
- chocolate
- beautiful sunsets over Lake Michigan
- summer vacation
- beautiful blue skies and warm (not hot) summer days

No comments:
Post a Comment