This was quite a busy week at the Senior house. Rachel has officially begun her high school acting career. She had a small part in the winter one act plays on Thursday night. The plays were to have taken place last week Friday but had to be delayed. So, there was practice every night this week along with the Academic Excellence dinner and awards night and the last Scholastic Bowl meet of the year. Rachel did a great job and all the plays were very well done. Each one had a student director or two and afterwards the cast went out to Village Inn for their cast party. Rachel said she enjoyed doing the play because she got to meet some new people that she would not have met otherwise. She was only one of four freshman that were in the plays.
On Tuesday night we attended the Academic Excellence dinner, which is for students who have a 3.75 GPA or higher. There were quite a few freshman who were honored that night. I am very proud of Rachel. She is definitely focused on what she wants in life. I have to laugh sometimes because she talks often about how she doesn't have time for a boyfriend because she has too many things she wants to do in life. It's true! She also really would like to be valedictorian and make it into National Honor Society. Like I said, she is very focused. Sometimes I have to remind her to loosen up and not take life so seriously.
On Thursday night, in addition to having the play, they also had their last Scholastic Bowl meet. It was a meet that was a little different than the others in that there were no bonus questions and because it was sponsored by and played live on a local radio station. Her team won the meet and received medals that she will be able to put on her letter when she earns one. This was definitely a nice way to end their year, especially considering they didn't make it past regionals.
I can tell that spring break is right around the corner because it is getting much more difficult to keep my students focused and on task. I will be glad for some time away from the stress but do not look forward to trying to get them back into things for the final two months afterwards. I plan to scrapbook Rachel's freshman year of high school so that I at least stay current with high school. I am also planning to paint some murals in the Kids Corner 4 Christ at church (aka the Children's Church room). Sounds like a lot! I hope I get it all finished!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My Thankful List
- salvation through Jesus Christ
- my beautiful daughter who is beautiful from the inside out
- a referral of an adorable little boy named Levi
- a letter of intent before the September 1st deadline
- God spared my daughter from serious injury when hit by a car in Colorado
- a wonderful year with my "exchange daughter" from Estonia - Mari-Liis
- my faithful companion for the past 6 years - Millie - my springer spaniel
- the peace and joy that comes with surrendering everything to the Lord
- safety through all the storms that have passed our way
- my supportive family
- my incredible church family
- a sump pump that continued to work for 10 weeks of water and sand seepage
- birds singing and bugs chirping
- neighbors and friends who lend a hand in your time of need
- being able to sleep withe the windows open
- a new deck to enjoy summer when it stops storming so much
- the sound of children playing outside on a warm summer night
- heat when its cold and air conditioning when its hot
- the blessing of a great job
- church picnics
- chocolate
- beautiful sunsets over Lake Michigan
- summer vacation
- beautiful blue skies and warm (not hot) summer days

No comments:
Post a Comment