Sunday, March 2, 2008

Update

It has been a busy week since I last posted. The girls and I went to the Toby Mac, Jeremy Camp, Matthew West concert on the 23rd and had a blast. It was a great worship experience. We met some great people seated around us and I wish I had their names written down so that we could have communicated with them. What a neat family they were!! They drove 3 hours to come to the concert and went home when it was finished. We didn't get home until midnight (although we did stay a little longer to talk to Jeremy Camp) so I can't imagine when they got home. As I said, we did meet Jeremy Camp and Matthew West. I have to say that I was very impressed with both of them, both onstage and off. They are genuine men of God and not just performers.

This weekend I took the girls to Michigan to attend the Father/Daughter banguet with my brother-in-law Joel. Joel has been doing this ever since Brent passed away. It is always a special time for all of us. It makes me feel good to know that she can have this "dad" experience that she wouldn't otherwise have. That is one of the hard things about being a single mom. It is also a good time for me to be able to relax and spend time with Andrea. We rarely get the time to talk anymore. I consider myself so blessed to have such a great relationship with Brent's family, even this long after his death.

No comments:

My Thankful List

  • salvation through Jesus Christ
  • my beautiful daughter who is beautiful from the inside out
  • a referral of an adorable little boy named Levi
  • a letter of intent before the September 1st deadline
  • God spared my daughter from serious injury when hit by a car in Colorado
  • a wonderful year with my "exchange daughter" from Estonia - Mari-Liis
  • my faithful companion for the past 6 years - Millie - my springer spaniel
  • the peace and joy that comes with surrendering everything to the Lord
  • safety through all the storms that have passed our way
  • my supportive family
  • my incredible church family
  • a sump pump that continued to work for 10 weeks of water and sand seepage
  • birds singing and bugs chirping
  • neighbors and friends who lend a hand in your time of need
  • being able to sleep withe the windows open
  • a new deck to enjoy summer when it stops storming so much
  • the sound of children playing outside on a warm summer night
  • heat when its cold and air conditioning when its hot
  • the blessing of a great job
  • church picnics
  • chocolate
  • beautiful sunsets over Lake Michigan
  • summer vacation
  • beautiful blue skies and warm (not hot) summer days