
Ten months ago today a beautiful little boy was born on the other side of the world. His birthmother gave him the name Binh Thanh Nguyen. Within the past month we have come to know him as Levi Elijah Binh Senior and have fallen head over heels in love with him. Here are 10 things we most love about him:
1. his adorable giggle
2. his infectious smile
3. his flexibility
4. the way he shakes his head no - to the music, when someone else shakes their head yes, and amazingly sometimes at the most appropriate times to questions being asked of him
5. the way he covers his eye or eyes when he is drinking his bottle and getting tired
6. his mobility (yes, I know it keeps me on my toes trying to keep him out of things but I am just amazed at how quickly he has moved from crawling to walking with things)
7. his curiosity - it seems that absolutely everything catches his attention
8. his big, dark eyes and his long eyelashes - boy, I wish I had lashes that long
9. the way he smiles at his sister Rachel and is beginning to want to follow her all around when she is home
10. his baby talk and especially how he says "ma ma ma ma" - I wonder, as one of y friends pointed out, if he is saying something in Vietnamese that he heard at the orphanage
***On a side note, please pray for a boy in my class. Last night his father died. The circumstances surrounding it are very tragic and will most certainly affect this family for some time. I cannot go into the details but would tell you that in many ways this hits very close to home for me.

3 comments:
Shortly after coming home with Beckett we were told by a native Vietnamese speaker that when Bex said "muh muh muh" it was equivalent to "eat" or "hungry" in Vietnamese. Just something to think about. He might be trying to communicate that to you, or it could just be babble.
Happy 10 Months, Levi!
That is a great list of things to love! He grows cuter every day.
I'm sorry to hear about the boy. I will pray for his family.
Post a Comment