Saturday, April 11, 2009

Why

Yesterday I finally got around to cleaning the carpets in our house. It is something that I have wanted to do and that Rachel has been itching for me to do for quite some time now. I actually moved all the furniture out of the way. It was a big job but well worth it. I found it interesting that I would be doing it on Good Friday because I found a connection between the two that resonated with me. When Jesus hung on the cross, He took all of my sin - past, present and future - along with all of the sins of all the other people in the world who have lived or ever will live upon Himself and then nailed it to the cross. The filthy dirty water coming out of our carpets is like my sins. But what is great is that when I asked Jesus to come into my heart and be the Savior and Lord of my life, He took my heart -which was as filthy and dirty as the water coming out of my carpets - and made me as clean as if the carpets had been brand new. That is soooo amazing and wonderful and should motivate me every day to live for Him wholeheartedly. Unfortunately, too often I take that sacrifice for granted and live for me and not for Him. As we celebrate Resurrection Sunday tomorrow, I pray that it will be a resuurection that occurs in my heart as well. And if you have never invited Jesus to be the Savior AND Lord of your life - I mean given Him full and complete control - I pray that this Resurrection Sunday you too will have a resurrection and new life in Jesus.

There is a song that I love that some people have made into a video on youtube. It is one that makes me cry and really reminds me again of the great price that Jesus paid, even though He did nothing to deserve it. I have included it here for you to enjoy! May you be blessed as you celebrate the resurrection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ - the one, true and living God.

No comments:

My Thankful List

  • salvation through Jesus Christ
  • my beautiful daughter who is beautiful from the inside out
  • a referral of an adorable little boy named Levi
  • a letter of intent before the September 1st deadline
  • God spared my daughter from serious injury when hit by a car in Colorado
  • a wonderful year with my "exchange daughter" from Estonia - Mari-Liis
  • my faithful companion for the past 6 years - Millie - my springer spaniel
  • the peace and joy that comes with surrendering everything to the Lord
  • safety through all the storms that have passed our way
  • my supportive family
  • my incredible church family
  • a sump pump that continued to work for 10 weeks of water and sand seepage
  • birds singing and bugs chirping
  • neighbors and friends who lend a hand in your time of need
  • being able to sleep withe the windows open
  • a new deck to enjoy summer when it stops storming so much
  • the sound of children playing outside on a warm summer night
  • heat when its cold and air conditioning when its hot
  • the blessing of a great job
  • church picnics
  • chocolate
  • beautiful sunsets over Lake Michigan
  • summer vacation
  • beautiful blue skies and warm (not hot) summer days