




Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Heb. 12:2
I love this verse because it reminds me that you and I were the "joy" that was before Jesus as He endured the cross. Doesn't that just blow your mind to think about? I know it does mine. Let that thought just sink in for awhile. I bet if we let that thought really penetrate our minds, for some of us like me, it might actually change the way that we view ourselves. If Jesus thought that I was important enough to die for, if I was the joy that was set before Him as He endured the cross, well then that gives my life new meaning.
We had a relatively quiet Resurrection Sunday. This morning we all got dressed up in our new spring outfits to go to church. Our church has a Sunday school class for all age groups, including infants. So, this morning I took Levi to the infant class. I think he did really good for the first time. He seemed to be paying attention fairly well. I'm not sure how much he got out of it but I know others who have taken their children are amazed at the things their children remember from tis time. The first picture is from this time.
After church we left fairly quickly as Rachel had to work. On Sundays she has to set up and get the residents for the church service. Levi and I stayed home and I took a nap and prepared supper for our friends who were coming over. After dinner we all sat down to watch Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. It was one that really struck home tonight as it was about a couple that had one child biologically and thn adopted 5 other children from China - all with special needs. It was also very sad because the father had a brain tumor that was found after adopting all the children and was in the hospital the whole time they were building the house. Three days after the house was finished, he lost his battle with cancer.
I posted a picture of Levi with his great grandma. She is the only one left. We don't get over to see her often enough I am sorry to say. With my in-laws being gone, I thought she might like some company and I'm sure would love to see Levi again. So, we decided to take her an Easter lily and go visiting yesterday. I was so glad we brought her an Easter lily. I think they are some of the most beautiful flowers. She told us that she didn't think she has ever had an Easter lily. That blows my mind because she is in her upper 80's.
I pray that all of you reading this had a blessed Resurrection Sunday and that you will take the meaning of this holiday into your everyday life and not just leave it for this one day a year. I know that I am certainly always striving to do so. Sometimes I miss the mark but praise God His mercies are new every morning and when I confess my sin He is faithful and just to forgive me.

1 comment:
Tracy,
I saw that episode of Home Makeover. There wasn't a dry eye in the room. It was sooo touching.
Isn't humbling to know that He chose us? I was there at the cross. He knew me before I was born and bore that gruesome death for me. Very humbling. I need to come back to this over and over.
Anyway, looks like you had a great Easter! You're daughter looks gorgeous by the way!
Post a Comment