




I know it has been a while since I have posted about the family and what's going on in our lives. So, sit back, grab a coffee or a soda because this post will be a little bit longer. At least there are some pictures to go with it.
First of all, Levi is sleeping tons better. After running a temp for 2-1/2 days after immunizations, I decided to try him in the crib. I was all prepared for a marathon screaming time, but it never came. He now goes to bed at about 8:00 and sleeps until about 6:30. It has been such a blessing to be able to get a good night of sleep myself. I think it maes me a better mommy during the day.
More and more of Levi's personality is coming out each day. He is generally a happy little boy and I love to hear him giggle. We are trying to teach him how to shake his head "yes" as right now he only shakes his head "no". It's funny because I don't think he really does it in regards to things we ask him. But sometimes he does it at the most appropriate times. He also does it when he plays the music on his activity table. It is quite cute!!
On Friday we traveled to hear the high school choir and band perform at music contest. I was a little nervous about how he would do but we found that he loved the music. One of the pictures shows him standing on my friend Rhonda and intently listening to the robed choir. We are thinking that he really likes music. By the way, both the Women's Choir and the Robed Choir did an incredible job. The Women's Choir sang early and we found out that they got all 1's, which is the highest they can get. We left before finding out how the Robed Choir did, and it is now spring break so Rachel hasn't been to school, but were pretty sure that they probably got all 1's as well as they were even better than the Women's Choir.
On Saturday my parents stopped on their way home from Arkansas. They spent the rest of Saturday and all Sunday with us. It was nice for them to see some of the things that Levi is doing by himself. In fact, on Saturday night, he was finally able to get the cereal puffs into his mouth by himself. Up until this point he would get them to his mouth but not know how to release them into his mouth. You can see from the pictures that he was really intent on getting them in. After he went to bed we watched the movie Fireproof. It is a terrific movie and if you haven't seen it yet, I would highly encourage you to rent it and watch it with your spouse. It is well worth it! It sure beats so much of the trash that is out on DVD or in the theaters or on TV these days.
Yesterday I took Rachel and 3 of her friends shopping. It was Levi's first shopping trip to the mall. He did fantastic. I put him in the stroller and gave him some cereal puffs on the tray and he ate away and watched everything around him. He was so fascinated with it all. I was trying to find a dressier outfit for him for Easter but I didn't come home with anything because you either couldn't find anything or you had to pay over $20 or $30 for it and I wasn't willing to pay that much for the little amount of time he will wear it. He'll outgrow it before he gets enough use out of it. So, now I am still in a pickle about what to do.
Last night we had an Arbonne party. Arbonne is a skin care line that was started in Arbonne, Switzerland. It is an all natural line. We didn't have a large turnout but definitely had a lot of fun with friends and learning about a great product line. You can check out their website here to find out more about it. I can't wait to get my product and start using it.
Today Levi got to stay with his sister for two hours while I took care of some business. They did great! Rachel had him to sleep before I even left. I was getting ready and planned to give him a bottle and put him down before leaving and just as I was going to go downstairs to do that, she came up with him asleep. I thought it was so nice of him to leave her a present. Yes, you guessed it! While she was alone with him, he pooped and she had to change it. I just had to laugh!! She still loves being a big sister anyways!

2 comments:
So glad you are getting some sleep! I know it certainly makes me a better mom when I am rested.
Sounds like Levi is doing great with all of his new experiences. You have a beautiful family!
Thanks for the detailed update Tracy! I LOVE the family pic! I don't know if this is appropriate but Ethan will be wearing his traditional Vietnamese outfit. It's funny to hear Racheal is getting ALL the perks of being a big sister hehehe...love you! happy Easter!
Jessica
Post a Comment