Sunday, February 22, 2009

Last Post from the USA

This is the last time I will post here in the States. The next time I post, sometime on Wednesday, we will be HCMC. We will be only 3 days away from meeting Levi for the very first time. My dad and I will be flying out at 6:50 tomorrow evening. I can hardly believe it! It seems so unreal!!

It has been a busy weekend but a good one for the most part. Today was a special day because my pastor had me come to the front of the church and he prayed for us as the rest of the church extended their hands towards us. Two things really stood out about this moment. First of all, he talked about how special it was that God would choose to bring Levi, who is on the other side of the world, to be placed in our family. A very special friend shared this same thing earlier in the week. He also talked about remembering that the day of my husband's funeral, he prophesied over me that the Lord had plans for me and that they were to prosper me and to give me a future and a hope and that Levi was a part of the fulfillment of that prophesy. He of course said it much more eloquently. As I talked with a friend from another state, I realized just how blessed I am to be a part of such a wonderful church family.

3 comments:

Salzwedel Family said...

I am so happy for you!!! I pray you will be blessed with safe travels and that the moment you meet your son will be more special than you could have ever imagined. God speed.

Lisa said...

Praying for safe travels, a peaceful journey, and a joyous uniting with you son!

MamaOfTwo said...

I'm so excited for you! It's finally time! Praying for safe travels and a beautiful first meeting with your son. Will pray for healthy bonding and attachment to begin quickly, and all else that is needed for your trip. God Bless!!! Can't wait to see the first pictures with Levi.

Love to you,
M.

My Thankful List

  • salvation through Jesus Christ
  • my beautiful daughter who is beautiful from the inside out
  • a referral of an adorable little boy named Levi
  • a letter of intent before the September 1st deadline
  • God spared my daughter from serious injury when hit by a car in Colorado
  • a wonderful year with my "exchange daughter" from Estonia - Mari-Liis
  • my faithful companion for the past 6 years - Millie - my springer spaniel
  • the peace and joy that comes with surrendering everything to the Lord
  • safety through all the storms that have passed our way
  • my supportive family
  • my incredible church family
  • a sump pump that continued to work for 10 weeks of water and sand seepage
  • birds singing and bugs chirping
  • neighbors and friends who lend a hand in your time of need
  • being able to sleep withe the windows open
  • a new deck to enjoy summer when it stops storming so much
  • the sound of children playing outside on a warm summer night
  • heat when its cold and air conditioning when its hot
  • the blessing of a great job
  • church picnics
  • chocolate
  • beautiful sunsets over Lake Michigan
  • summer vacation
  • beautiful blue skies and warm (not hot) summer days