Monday, February 16, 2009

GNR

On Monday, March 2nd, Levi will officially become my son and Rachel's little brother! This will be my last week at school until May! I can't believe that in a week I will be on a plane to meet my son!!!! I have soooo much to do before then, including report cards for my students for third quarter! Good thing my daughter is such a great organizer and will definitely help me keep things under control this next week.

Today we picked up the crib for Levi. Now all we have to do is put it together and get the mattress and we are ready to go!!

16 comments:

MamaOfTwo said...

Awesome news! Congratulations, Tracy. Glad things are moving along and you can be together soon.

When do you leave and arrive in Vietnam? When do you get to meet him? Oh, so many questions... The anticipation is killing me!!!! :)

Praying you will be able to focus and get done what you need to get done. Pack those bags, Girlfriend! IT'S TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love,
M.

cupfar said...

AHHH.. exciting!!!! Levi's coming home!! We'll figure out how to cross paths!! :)

Jan said...

Tracy, Kim C. shared your blog with me, and I've been keeping up with your progress. I'm so happy you are going to get your little boy in just a few short days! Congratulations!

Jan Scott

Jan said...

Tracy, a thought just occurred to me. I think it's amazing what you're doing for Levi, and I'd love to gift you a photo session (including prints) once you return home. Maybe you already have a photo session lined up, but if not, let me know if you're interested. Sorry for the comment--I can't find your e-mail address anywhere! My website is www.janscottphotography.com.

Jan

Sarah Joy said...

Congratulations!!! Oh my word, that's in only 2 weeks. I am SO happy for you and Rachel! I can't wait to see pictures from your trip, meeting him for the first time, and pictures of your new entire family.

Have a safe trip with that precious cargo!!

Salzwedel Family said...

Wow, wow, & wow!!!! I cannot wait to see pictures of Levi in your arms.

Roselawn said...

Yeah!!! God answered your prayer in His perfect timing! I am so excited for you and Rachel! Keep us posted!

Sherry

Amanda said...

Congratulations!!!

Lisa said...

Absolutely fabulous news, Tracy! I am so very excited for you! What an amazing time this is! Get ready...the best part is just around the corner!

Jill and Andy said...

wonderful news!!!! Can't wait to follow you along in Vietnam!!

Nadra said...

Tracy...what great news. Can't wait to follow along as you meet Levi for the first time.

Heather M. said...

Best of luck putting the crib together & getting the last minute things wrapped up! How Fun!!! Can't wait to follow your trip to VN! I would go back in a heartbeat...you will love it!

Heather M.

Chad and Jess said...

yeah!!!!! You're going!!! Has is sunk in yet!?

Kelly said...

This is so exciting. I'm really happy for you. Can't wait to hear about your trip to Can Tho and everywhere in Vietnam.

Kelly
Katharine's Mom

Jessica said...

Very Cool! Can't wait to follow your trip on here!

Leigh said...

Tracy...how awesome!! I am SOOOO excited for you! I can't wait to follow your journey. FINALLY!!

Best wishes!

My Thankful List

  • salvation through Jesus Christ
  • my beautiful daughter who is beautiful from the inside out
  • a referral of an adorable little boy named Levi
  • a letter of intent before the September 1st deadline
  • God spared my daughter from serious injury when hit by a car in Colorado
  • a wonderful year with my "exchange daughter" from Estonia - Mari-Liis
  • my faithful companion for the past 6 years - Millie - my springer spaniel
  • the peace and joy that comes with surrendering everything to the Lord
  • safety through all the storms that have passed our way
  • my supportive family
  • my incredible church family
  • a sump pump that continued to work for 10 weeks of water and sand seepage
  • birds singing and bugs chirping
  • neighbors and friends who lend a hand in your time of need
  • being able to sleep withe the windows open
  • a new deck to enjoy summer when it stops storming so much
  • the sound of children playing outside on a warm summer night
  • heat when its cold and air conditioning when its hot
  • the blessing of a great job
  • church picnics
  • chocolate
  • beautiful sunsets over Lake Michigan
  • summer vacation
  • beautiful blue skies and warm (not hot) summer days