I know you're all checking because today was the day I was really hoping to get preapproval. Well, it didn't happen today. But that's okay. I am not discouraged because I know that it is coming soon.
This weekend we enjoyed a nice time with my parents who were visiting. They brought a dresser for Levi's room and some other things for us. My dad and I got to talk about some of the details of our upcoming trip to Vietnam. I could seriously be ready to travel in a week if they allowed me to, although we would have to wait a little longer as my dad won't be back from Mexico until the 18th. On Saturday, we went out for lunch at the Olive Garden (one of my favorite restaurants)and then shopping. Living about 45 minutes from the Olive Garden and not being able to afford eating there very often, this was a real treat. I also got 3 really nice gifts from Rachel and my parents.
This morning, as I was getting ready, Rachel brought in a piece of the dessert I made for my birthday treat. It had a candle on it and she sang Happy Birthday. SHe is so thoughtful and this alone made my day because it was followed with a hug. When I got home tonight there was a small chocolate cake and a birthday card with money from my in-laws waiting for me on the counter. And in just a short while, Rachel and I will be going out to eat with my friend and her children. What more can a girl ask for on her birthday?
I can honestly say that if I had to leave in 2 days for Vietnam, it wouldn't be a problem. I spent time packing yesterday and getting all my documents ready. I only have a few last minute things to take care of. I've made a list and I'm checking it twice.
So, check back tomorrow and hopefully I will have some good news to post about the adoption.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My Thankful List
- salvation through Jesus Christ
- my beautiful daughter who is beautiful from the inside out
- a referral of an adorable little boy named Levi
- a letter of intent before the September 1st deadline
- God spared my daughter from serious injury when hit by a car in Colorado
- a wonderful year with my "exchange daughter" from Estonia - Mari-Liis
- my faithful companion for the past 6 years - Millie - my springer spaniel
- the peace and joy that comes with surrendering everything to the Lord
- safety through all the storms that have passed our way
- my supportive family
- my incredible church family
- a sump pump that continued to work for 10 weeks of water and sand seepage
- birds singing and bugs chirping
- neighbors and friends who lend a hand in your time of need
- being able to sleep withe the windows open
- a new deck to enjoy summer when it stops storming so much
- the sound of children playing outside on a warm summer night
- heat when its cold and air conditioning when its hot
- the blessing of a great job
- church picnics
- chocolate
- beautiful sunsets over Lake Michigan
- summer vacation
- beautiful blue skies and warm (not hot) summer days
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(124)
-
▼
February
(20)
- Second Day in Can Tho
- First Meeting
- Ho Chi Minh City Slide show
- Day 3
- Day 2
- Day 1 Pictures
- We Made it to HCMC!!!
- Last Post from the USA
- I am sitting here trying to finish report cards as...
- GNR
- Happy Valentine's Day and Happy 8 Month Birthday Levi
- Pre-Approval At Last
- Thankful Thursday
- Peek-a-Boo! I See You
- I know you're all checking because today was the d...
- DNA Results Have Arrived in HCMC
- Height and Weight Update
- Another Hurdle Jumped
- Look Who I Found!
- A Turkish Evening
-
▼
February
(20)

1 comment:
Happy Birthday to you.
Happy Birthday to you.
Happy Birthday, Dear Tracy.
Happy Birthday to you!!!!!!
There are many, many, many beautiful days ahead, my friend. There are many beautiful days ahead. Enjoy your year.
M.
Post a Comment