On Monday night the School Board met and my adoption leave request letter was on the agenda. I made sure that I was very clear as to why I was requesting 9 weeks off and that I needed to be able to use the 134 accumulated sick days I have to make it a paid time off. Well, I can only get 6 weeks paid time off is what I have been told. Obviously, this is unacceptable to me as I cannot live for 3 weeks with no income coming in, especially when I will have 2 children to support. I was told that I could look into short-term disability leave. I will be doing that as soon as possible. I would like to ask everyone reading this blog to pray that I will trust God and that He will work everything out in this situation. I am thankful that I can at least have 6 weeks paid time off as earlier, when there was a different superintendent, I wasn't even going to be able to get that. I guess this is one of those times when I just have to trust. But boy it is hard!!
On another note, we are still waiting for updates and pictures! It is driving me crazy!! I guess I should stop checking my email so frequently. It seems like I do it every time I get the chance. Maybe you should pray for me in this area, too!
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.
Proverbs 3: 5, 6
6 comments:
Hi Tracy,
We're trusting and believing with you that you will be able to take off the needed time to become a family and bond with your new son. I can understand your frustration and truly feel for you. Hang in there. It will all work out as it should.
Hugs to you.
M.
How can they do this? What about FMLA? I thought you were entitled to up to 12 weeks maternity leave, paid if you had the hours saved up. I really hope you can get this to work out to the best advantage for your family. I'll be praying....
Tracy -
Hoping that all works out well. Wow, I didn't realize it was such a process and had to put on the table for a board meeting?!? We still haven't even figured that out, since I work for a small company and don't get FMLA - and am trying to figure out how I can get an equivalent "maternity leave" from work!
Photos - they come when you least expect them. We've all been stuck in limbo since step 8 or 9... it is crazy. Though there have news of the I-600's coming out, so perhaps we're moving right along, but just not being updated yet? 4-6 weeks is a VERY long time! Praying for news for you!
I got used to the updates too!!! Every week there was an email but I guess we're just waiting around now on step 8. This stinks. I need SOMETHING. ANYTHING.
Hoping that you get additional time off! That is sooo important - too bad they don't see it the way we do.
I would definitly request it as FMLA. Adoption leave IS covered under that and I believe they then have to pay you if you have the days saved up.
I know God will work this out for you. Praying!
Post a Comment