I know that it hasn't been that long since we received word that we were on step 8 and that it can take a month to a month and a half, but I am dying to hear more news about my precious son or to receive new pictures of him. Several other families received pictures last week and I had my hopes up on Friday that I would get some new pictures as well. It was not to be.
Yesterday, I was looking in my Bible for places that Levi's name was mentioned. The first time his name is mentioned is in Genesis 29:34. It is the verse that tells about when Leah gave birth to Levi. It says, "Again she conceived, and when she gave birth to a son she said, 'Now at last my husband will become attached to me, because I have borne him three sons.' So he was named Levi." The note that goes with this verse says that Levi sounds like and may be derived from the Hebrew for attached. I thought this was so neat because my prayer lately has been that there will be no attachment issues for Levi. Isn't God amazing?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My Thankful List
- salvation through Jesus Christ
- my beautiful daughter who is beautiful from the inside out
- a referral of an adorable little boy named Levi
- a letter of intent before the September 1st deadline
- God spared my daughter from serious injury when hit by a car in Colorado
- a wonderful year with my "exchange daughter" from Estonia - Mari-Liis
- my faithful companion for the past 6 years - Millie - my springer spaniel
- the peace and joy that comes with surrendering everything to the Lord
- safety through all the storms that have passed our way
- my supportive family
- my incredible church family
- a sump pump that continued to work for 10 weeks of water and sand seepage
- birds singing and bugs chirping
- neighbors and friends who lend a hand in your time of need
- being able to sleep withe the windows open
- a new deck to enjoy summer when it stops storming so much
- the sound of children playing outside on a warm summer night
- heat when its cold and air conditioning when its hot
- the blessing of a great job
- church picnics
- chocolate
- beautiful sunsets over Lake Michigan
- summer vacation
- beautiful blue skies and warm (not hot) summer days
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(114)
-
▼
September
(14)
- Finally, Some Pictures...
- I know it has been several days since I last poste...
- Leave Time from Work
- Hoping for News
- Homecoming Float Building
- Updates
- Happy "3 Month" Birthday Levi
- A Day At Home
- Update - Step 8
- Shingles
- A Prayer
- Prayers for my brother
- Mari-Liis is Coming for a Visit
- Prayers for a Friend
-
▼
September
(14)

2 comments:
Very cool how God works out things like this. Praying you get new pictures soon.
If it makes you feel any better, you aren't the only one who didn't get pictures last week. We didn't get any either and I was really bummed. Here's hoping we both get new pictures really soon!
Post a Comment