Sunday, July 6, 2008

The Water Has Ceased!!!

Hooray!!! As of the 4th of July the water has finally stopped coming in our basement! Now the cleanup can begin, although I am not sure where to begin, either with sand or water or cleaning the walls, floors and furniture from the mold that had started to grow and was cleaned off several times. I think I may have actually gotten all the mold, which is a good thing because it is hot out today and I want to put the air conditioning on.

Well, that's all for now as Rachel and her friend and the dog are ready to go get a movie and ice cream. It's Jane Austen movie night at our house, at least for the girls. I have two papers to write before leaving for a couple of days.

1 comment:

Salzwedel Family said...

Sounds like you have a big job ahead of you! I'm glad the water has stopped & I'll pray for strength to get the job done.

My Thankful List

  • salvation through Jesus Christ
  • my beautiful daughter who is beautiful from the inside out
  • a referral of an adorable little boy named Levi
  • a letter of intent before the September 1st deadline
  • God spared my daughter from serious injury when hit by a car in Colorado
  • a wonderful year with my "exchange daughter" from Estonia - Mari-Liis
  • my faithful companion for the past 6 years - Millie - my springer spaniel
  • the peace and joy that comes with surrendering everything to the Lord
  • safety through all the storms that have passed our way
  • my supportive family
  • my incredible church family
  • a sump pump that continued to work for 10 weeks of water and sand seepage
  • birds singing and bugs chirping
  • neighbors and friends who lend a hand in your time of need
  • being able to sleep withe the windows open
  • a new deck to enjoy summer when it stops storming so much
  • the sound of children playing outside on a warm summer night
  • heat when its cold and air conditioning when its hot
  • the blessing of a great job
  • church picnics
  • chocolate
  • beautiful sunsets over Lake Michigan
  • summer vacation
  • beautiful blue skies and warm (not hot) summer days