Monday, July 21, 2008

Thankfulness

As I sit here this morning reflecting on the past weekend, I am so thankful to God for the way that He always provides for us. My heart is filled with thanksgiving. Yesterday morning, after realizing that the power steering was out on my car, I was feeling rather discouraged about everything. I was tired of being home alone, really wanting to see Rachel and make sure she was okay, a little discouraged about the adoption situation, and wondering how I was going to pay to have the car fixed and pay for all the medical expenses coming my way. But God is soooo good! He has already provided answers to almost all of these situations. Rachel is home and doing fine. My neighbor has looked over my car and has already made the way for this to be less expensive than I initially thought. These are just a few of the answers He has already provided. Why do I doubt Him? Oh, how foolish I am sometimes.

The words of a song that we sang last week at church has kept playing over and over in my head all week and has helped me to keep my peace and sanity in the midst of all this craziness. The words are as follows:

One thing I know that I have found
Through all the troubles that surround
You are the Rock that never fails
You never fail.

One thing I know that I believe
Through every blessing I receive
You are the only One that stays
You always stay.

You never change
You're still the same
You are the Everlasting God
You will remain
After the day is gone and things of earth have passed
Everlasting God!

It is my prayer that everyone reading this today knows the peace of our Everlasting God who never changes, who never slumbers, who never fails. If you have never asked Him to come into your heart to live and to take charge of your life, I encourage you to do so soon. He is the only One who can give us peace in the midst of the storms that rage all around us. I have certainly found this to be true over and over in my life.

1 comment:

Salzwedel Family said...

God is sooooo good! I don't know why I ever doubt Him. It is so amazing that He cares about the little details in our daily lives. Praise the Lord!

My Thankful List

  • salvation through Jesus Christ
  • my beautiful daughter who is beautiful from the inside out
  • a referral of an adorable little boy named Levi
  • a letter of intent before the September 1st deadline
  • God spared my daughter from serious injury when hit by a car in Colorado
  • a wonderful year with my "exchange daughter" from Estonia - Mari-Liis
  • my faithful companion for the past 6 years - Millie - my springer spaniel
  • the peace and joy that comes with surrendering everything to the Lord
  • safety through all the storms that have passed our way
  • my supportive family
  • my incredible church family
  • a sump pump that continued to work for 10 weeks of water and sand seepage
  • birds singing and bugs chirping
  • neighbors and friends who lend a hand in your time of need
  • being able to sleep withe the windows open
  • a new deck to enjoy summer when it stops storming so much
  • the sound of children playing outside on a warm summer night
  • heat when its cold and air conditioning when its hot
  • the blessing of a great job
  • church picnics
  • chocolate
  • beautiful sunsets over Lake Michigan
  • summer vacation
  • beautiful blue skies and warm (not hot) summer days