It's been a few days since I posted. We spent a good part of last week visiting family up north. I got to see each one of my brother's children play baseball while I was there. They are all quite talented in this area. Natalie can run as fast as anything. Way to go, Jadin! In the two innings he pitched, he struck out 5 kids! And Hazel can play any position well, from what I saw.
On Wednesday, Rachel and her cousins spent a good deal of time swimmming in my mom's friend's pool. I got some great pictures. You can see them in the slide show I've included. They sure are goofy sometimes!
Yesterday Rachel started working at the nursing home. She is already enjoying her job and has some "favorites". She is an activity therapist, so she gets to play games and talk to the residents a lot. I think it will be a great way for her to be able to appreciate what this generation has to offer.
Hooray!!! One of the families from our agency finally received approval to travel to pick up their son. They have been waiting a very long time and it was so good to hear that everything is finally falling into place for them. I pray that others out there who are waiting and have been waiting a long time will receive referrals and approvals to travel. God is faithful and we just have to believe that He has a reason for the wait, even when it seems very difficult at the time. Someday we will be able to look back and maybe understand.
We found last week that there are 10 families still waiting on a referral with our agency. We are one of those families, although I don't know where we stand in that list. I just pray that a new MOU will be worked out between Vietnam and the United States so that the September 1st deadline will not be an issue. There have been some positive steps in this direction. Let's just hope that they continue.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My Thankful List
- salvation through Jesus Christ
- my beautiful daughter who is beautiful from the inside out
- a referral of an adorable little boy named Levi
- a letter of intent before the September 1st deadline
- God spared my daughter from serious injury when hit by a car in Colorado
- a wonderful year with my "exchange daughter" from Estonia - Mari-Liis
- my faithful companion for the past 6 years - Millie - my springer spaniel
- the peace and joy that comes with surrendering everything to the Lord
- safety through all the storms that have passed our way
- my supportive family
- my incredible church family
- a sump pump that continued to work for 10 weeks of water and sand seepage
- birds singing and bugs chirping
- neighbors and friends who lend a hand in your time of need
- being able to sleep withe the windows open
- a new deck to enjoy summer when it stops storming so much
- the sound of children playing outside on a warm summer night
- heat when its cold and air conditioning when its hot
- the blessing of a great job
- church picnics
- chocolate
- beautiful sunsets over Lake Michigan
- summer vacation
- beautiful blue skies and warm (not hot) summer days

1 comment:
Praying you are high on the referral list! I know it will all come together for His glory.
Post a Comment