Sunday, July 27, 2008

Ups and Downs

I know it's been a couple of days since I have posted last. It has been an up and down week for us and for many in the adoption world. This weekend two families finally were able to travel to Vietnam to bring home their children. Hooray!! I am so excited for them!! A couple other families got I600 approvals or found that they were closer to traveling. One couple, who I believe had their dossier logged in the day before us, received a referral of a little boy this week. Those were the ups for my forum friends. But then there were the downs as well. Two of them found out that they have to have the DNA testing done on the birth mother and the child they are going to adopt. This will delay the timing for going to Vietnam to get their children. One of my blog friends, who is with another agency and has been waiting for an extremely long time for a referral of a little girl, found out this week that their agency will not be issuing anymore before the September 1st deadline. My heart aches for these families. There are no words to express my sadness for them. I would just ask that those of you reading would please pray for them. Pray that God will give them wisdom and strength and peace and patience and direction.

As for us, I am not sure whether or not we will get a referral before the deadline. We would actually have to get a referral this week in order to be far enough in the process to continue through (I think). I am still hoping and praying that they will choose to grandfather in all dossiers already logged in. But even so, I keep telling myself that God has a plan. He knows the child(ren) He has for us and the timing for that to happen. I just have to wait on Him. I have decided that whatever happens, I am going to use this time to raise the money that I will still need when I get to the point of getting a referral. Therefore, I need your help! I am looking for some fundraising ideas. If you have any that you are willing to share, would you please post them or email them to me.

No comments:

My Thankful List

  • salvation through Jesus Christ
  • my beautiful daughter who is beautiful from the inside out
  • a referral of an adorable little boy named Levi
  • a letter of intent before the September 1st deadline
  • God spared my daughter from serious injury when hit by a car in Colorado
  • a wonderful year with my "exchange daughter" from Estonia - Mari-Liis
  • my faithful companion for the past 6 years - Millie - my springer spaniel
  • the peace and joy that comes with surrendering everything to the Lord
  • safety through all the storms that have passed our way
  • my supportive family
  • my incredible church family
  • a sump pump that continued to work for 10 weeks of water and sand seepage
  • birds singing and bugs chirping
  • neighbors and friends who lend a hand in your time of need
  • being able to sleep withe the windows open
  • a new deck to enjoy summer when it stops storming so much
  • the sound of children playing outside on a warm summer night
  • heat when its cold and air conditioning when its hot
  • the blessing of a great job
  • church picnics
  • chocolate
  • beautiful sunsets over Lake Michigan
  • summer vacation
  • beautiful blue skies and warm (not hot) summer days