Monday, June 22, 2009

My Wonderful Children



Jokingly yesterday morning on the way to church I said to Rachel that I thought I should get to celebrate both Mother's Day and Father's Day because I am both in our family. Well, later that night, when I was mowing the yard, Rachel went for a bike ride and came back with a bouquet of wildflowers for me for Father's Day. Wasn't that sweet?!






Who needs toys when you have bowls and wooden spoons? I gave Levi some bowls and spoons to play with while I was making supper. Rachel decided to join in and they got to drumming. When Levi tried to take one of the bowls off Rachel's head, he fell into the other bowl. So, Rachel decided to have a little fun with it.

1 comment:

NHP said...

AWSOME PICTURES!
OH I am getting so excited for you all to come visit! Our little boys are going to have the best time.
And I agree, pots and spoons are always the best toys (along with everything else they see us with: phone, pens, etc)
We are having a nice tag-along business trip with Adam in TX, I will post pics soon.
Love
Natasha

My Thankful List

  • salvation through Jesus Christ
  • my beautiful daughter who is beautiful from the inside out
  • a referral of an adorable little boy named Levi
  • a letter of intent before the September 1st deadline
  • God spared my daughter from serious injury when hit by a car in Colorado
  • a wonderful year with my "exchange daughter" from Estonia - Mari-Liis
  • my faithful companion for the past 6 years - Millie - my springer spaniel
  • the peace and joy that comes with surrendering everything to the Lord
  • safety through all the storms that have passed our way
  • my supportive family
  • my incredible church family
  • a sump pump that continued to work for 10 weeks of water and sand seepage
  • birds singing and bugs chirping
  • neighbors and friends who lend a hand in your time of need
  • being able to sleep withe the windows open
  • a new deck to enjoy summer when it stops storming so much
  • the sound of children playing outside on a warm summer night
  • heat when its cold and air conditioning when its hot
  • the blessing of a great job
  • church picnics
  • chocolate
  • beautiful sunsets over Lake Michigan
  • summer vacation
  • beautiful blue skies and warm (not hot) summer days