Monday, May 18, 2009

Updates



I finally picked out a plant to put in my new perennial garden in honor of Levi's birthmother. It is a weigela. It will be beautiful! I think that when he gets old enough, I will have him help me pick out the plant or tree and then plant it together.

Levi keeps growing and changing every day. It is amazing to me the new things he is able to do or say with each day that passes. This weekend he blew a kiss to his grandparents and then to me this morning as I left to go to school. Last night he looked down from his high chair and saw the dog sitting next to him and said "doggy". It wasn't as clear as you and I might say it but you could definitely tell it was doggy and not just "gy" as he had been saying. He is gaining more confidence in his walking as well. Tonight he was so cute! He would walk some and then when he would fall down, he would roll onto his back. We took a video of it because it was too funny. Rachel and I laughed and laughed. I'll try to post it tomorrow.

Speaking of Rachel, last week was Senior Pride week at the high school so there were dress up days each day. I have included pictures below. I think she really likes dressing up and she does a good job trying to stick to the theme. I'm glad that she is dressing up and tryin to make the most of her high school years. They pass so quickly. I hope that she will look back on these years with hapy memories.


Last weekend when I was mowing I came across a bird's nest in our yard. Over the course of the last week, 3 of the 5 babies have emerged from their eggs. We are enjoying watching over them. Here are some pictures of them.


No comments:

My Thankful List

  • salvation through Jesus Christ
  • my beautiful daughter who is beautiful from the inside out
  • a referral of an adorable little boy named Levi
  • a letter of intent before the September 1st deadline
  • God spared my daughter from serious injury when hit by a car in Colorado
  • a wonderful year with my "exchange daughter" from Estonia - Mari-Liis
  • my faithful companion for the past 6 years - Millie - my springer spaniel
  • the peace and joy that comes with surrendering everything to the Lord
  • safety through all the storms that have passed our way
  • my supportive family
  • my incredible church family
  • a sump pump that continued to work for 10 weeks of water and sand seepage
  • birds singing and bugs chirping
  • neighbors and friends who lend a hand in your time of need
  • being able to sleep withe the windows open
  • a new deck to enjoy summer when it stops storming so much
  • the sound of children playing outside on a warm summer night
  • heat when its cold and air conditioning when its hot
  • the blessing of a great job
  • church picnics
  • chocolate
  • beautiful sunsets over Lake Michigan
  • summer vacation
  • beautiful blue skies and warm (not hot) summer days