Monday, March 9, 2009

We're Home!






It feels so good to say that we are home as a family of 3. Our plane arrived in Chicago at 11:25 p.m. on Saturday night. After collecting our luggage, we called my aunt and mom, who were waiting a short distance away, and they picked us up and brought us to my aunt's house where my cousin, her son, and my aunt's sister were waiting to welcome us home. We stayed overnight there, as it is a 2-1/2 hour drive home and I was too tired to drive home, especially with a child who was out of sorts from all the traveling.

On Sunday morning, my daughter Rachel, my friend Sue and her son came to my aunt's house so that we would have an extra person in the van for the drive home. I was anticipating a lot of screaming because of the car seat but he did really good. He was asleep shortly after we left. He slept 2 hours of the trip and then ate Cheerios with Rachel.

He gave us a surprise as I was talking to my parents on the phone. He crawled for the first time! All the other times he would just creep and that is what they said he was doing at the Center. I was so excited that he saved this for me to see. He also gave Rachel a surprise before bed: He peed on her! I told her she was officially christened.

It was a rough night of sleep. He really seems to fight going to sleep. This morning Rachel went in to get him up and he was out of his sleeper. We can't quite figure out how he got out because it was completely zipped up yet. I think we have an escape artist on our hands!

9 comments:

MamaOfTwo said...

Yay. Been anxiously awaiting this post. Glad you're home safely and settling in.

Thinking of you all as you transition into a new normal at home. I am remembering those times with a new baby and all the learning to adjust that goes along with it.

This is what you have waited for for so many years. This new season for your life and your family. What a blessing.

I think the Lord is smiling. :)

Congratulations, dear Friend. So, so happy for you and yours.

Love, M.

Nadra said...

Welcome home! So glad that you're home and now you can start to settle in. The pictures are great!!

Julie said...

WELCOME HOME!!!!

Get plenty of rest. The first few days were a blur when we got home. The jet lag was brutal.

So sweet to see Rachel giving Levi a bottle.

Salzwedel Family said...

Welcome home!!!! Look at all of his little teeth. Oh my he is cute. I'm so glad you were able to witness his first crawling.

Lisa said...

Welcome Home, Levi and Tracy!!!

NHP said...

So Funny!!!
I cannot believe that he got out of his night clothes! And that he peed on his sis- its a brothers welcome : )
Thanks for posting pics and an update, I have been checking everyday!
big hugs, settle in.
Natasha

Heather M. said...

Welcome Home!!! Welcome to your new life as a mommy of 2! What a blessing! What a miracle! I am always excited to see a new little one home! Have Fun!

Heather M.

Jill and Andy said...

yay! His grin is adorable, get some rest!!!

Chad and Jess said...

I see I missed a lot of action since I was out of town! WELCOME HOME Tracy! Thank you for sharing with all us!

My Thankful List

  • salvation through Jesus Christ
  • my beautiful daughter who is beautiful from the inside out
  • a referral of an adorable little boy named Levi
  • a letter of intent before the September 1st deadline
  • God spared my daughter from serious injury when hit by a car in Colorado
  • a wonderful year with my "exchange daughter" from Estonia - Mari-Liis
  • my faithful companion for the past 6 years - Millie - my springer spaniel
  • the peace and joy that comes with surrendering everything to the Lord
  • safety through all the storms that have passed our way
  • my supportive family
  • my incredible church family
  • a sump pump that continued to work for 10 weeks of water and sand seepage
  • birds singing and bugs chirping
  • neighbors and friends who lend a hand in your time of need
  • being able to sleep withe the windows open
  • a new deck to enjoy summer when it stops storming so much
  • the sound of children playing outside on a warm summer night
  • heat when its cold and air conditioning when its hot
  • the blessing of a great job
  • church picnics
  • chocolate
  • beautiful sunsets over Lake Michigan
  • summer vacation
  • beautiful blue skies and warm (not hot) summer days