Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Full Day


This morning I traveled to the doctor with Levi for his checkup. We found that he is at the 90th percentile for height but only the 5th percentile for weight. He did gain some weight since we had him there a week and a half ago due to a cold. The doctor thought that he was doing really well. She was amazed at how flexible he is and how happy he seems to be. She did give us a referral and an appointment to see the eye doctor as we think he has a lazy eye (his left one). She said the eye doctor would be able to better tell as he has the correct equipment. We also came away with two shots for needed 9 month immunizations. There were some tears shed for that but they were short-lived and then he was asleep.

This afternoon I took Rachel to get her driver's license. Yes, she did pass so now she is wondering when she will get to drive on her own without me in the car. She already asked if I needed the car tomorrow or could she take it to school. She would have driven to youth group tonight but she had 2 friends going with her and she is only allowed to have one non-family member in the car with her. That sure would have been nice if she could have driven herself as then I wouldn't have had to take Levi out. But then I would have missed out on one of the little boys in the nursery (about 18 months) giving Levi kisses. It was way too cute!! I wish I could have gotten a picture but I just wasn't fast enough with the camera.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Congratulations, Rachel! Be careful out there!

My Thankful List

  • salvation through Jesus Christ
  • my beautiful daughter who is beautiful from the inside out
  • a referral of an adorable little boy named Levi
  • a letter of intent before the September 1st deadline
  • God spared my daughter from serious injury when hit by a car in Colorado
  • a wonderful year with my "exchange daughter" from Estonia - Mari-Liis
  • my faithful companion for the past 6 years - Millie - my springer spaniel
  • the peace and joy that comes with surrendering everything to the Lord
  • safety through all the storms that have passed our way
  • my supportive family
  • my incredible church family
  • a sump pump that continued to work for 10 weeks of water and sand seepage
  • birds singing and bugs chirping
  • neighbors and friends who lend a hand in your time of need
  • being able to sleep withe the windows open
  • a new deck to enjoy summer when it stops storming so much
  • the sound of children playing outside on a warm summer night
  • heat when its cold and air conditioning when its hot
  • the blessing of a great job
  • church picnics
  • chocolate
  • beautiful sunsets over Lake Michigan
  • summer vacation
  • beautiful blue skies and warm (not hot) summer days