Friday, March 20, 2009






I finally was able to get a high chair yesterday - as well as a big bag of clothes from one of my friends. What a blessing that was!! Now I won't have to do laundry as much (lol!) It is definitely much easier to feed Levi in the high chair than sitting on my lap.

Last night, when Rachel was still at work, Levi was the absolute gigglepus. He laughed at just about everything - and I mean laughed a good hearty laugh. I found out that he is ticklish not just under his ribs and on the bottom of his feet but also on his knees.

We finally brought home Millie, our springer spaniel, last night when Rachel was finished with work. I have to admit I was really nervous about this as Levi is very curious and Millie is old and not as patient with little ones. Today it went well. Millie pretty much ignored Levi and Levi pretty much ignored Millie - except for one time when I had to redirect him.

Today was a "no" day for Levi. I say that because all day long he kept shaking his head no. It was actually rather funny! He was standing by his activity table that plays music and shaking his head no to the music. Makes me wonder if this was part of his dancing as he loves to dance and bounce and jump. Then tonight we went to my friend's house for her daughter's birthday (actually Rachel was the one invited and Levi and I just tagged along for the cake), and he was shaking his head no at the most appropriate times as the kids were asking him questions or trying to take away his pacifier. We all got quite a laugh!! Needless to say, he sure keeps me on my toes. Now, if I could just get a little more sleep...

3 comments:

Salzwedel Family said...

Hooray for pictures! I bet Levi's giggles were music to your ears. Precious!

My word verification word is "ladown". I thought that was pretty funny considering you are needing some sleep.

Lisa said...

I'll second the high chair! It's much easier to get them to each when you remove the wrestling component! And don't you just love baby over-alls! Cute pictures!

MamaOfTwo said...

Cute, cute, cute.

M.

My Thankful List

  • salvation through Jesus Christ
  • my beautiful daughter who is beautiful from the inside out
  • a referral of an adorable little boy named Levi
  • a letter of intent before the September 1st deadline
  • God spared my daughter from serious injury when hit by a car in Colorado
  • a wonderful year with my "exchange daughter" from Estonia - Mari-Liis
  • my faithful companion for the past 6 years - Millie - my springer spaniel
  • the peace and joy that comes with surrendering everything to the Lord
  • safety through all the storms that have passed our way
  • my supportive family
  • my incredible church family
  • a sump pump that continued to work for 10 weeks of water and sand seepage
  • birds singing and bugs chirping
  • neighbors and friends who lend a hand in your time of need
  • being able to sleep withe the windows open
  • a new deck to enjoy summer when it stops storming so much
  • the sound of children playing outside on a warm summer night
  • heat when its cold and air conditioning when its hot
  • the blessing of a great job
  • church picnics
  • chocolate
  • beautiful sunsets over Lake Michigan
  • summer vacation
  • beautiful blue skies and warm (not hot) summer days