Monday, March 2, 2009

It's Official







Levi is sleeping so I now have some time to post. He is an absolute snuggle bug and does not like to be put down, especially away from me. Even if grandpa is holding him, he will look to see where I am.

This morning when we got to the Center, he was in his walker, all dressed up with his hair freshly washed and slicked back. He looked so handsome. As we were standing there with him, grandpa asked him if he like grandpa's shirt and Levi shook his head no. We all got a laugh out of that one! There were 2 different caretakers at the Center today. I could tell as the time came for us to leave that it was very difficult for one of them to see him go. I think the director was having a difficult time as well as both of them were near tears. They have done such an incredible job of taking care of him and I will always be eternally grateful to them for the terrific start they have given to Levi. At first when we got into the van, Levi was wide eyed checking out everything around him. But it wasn't long before he was asleep. He slept until just as it was our time to see the local justice. I was surprised how quickly things went once we got back there. Before long we were on our way back to the hotel to pack up and head to HCMC.

Tonight, after getting something to eat and visiting the Tax Center, we hung around the hotel room. Levi loves to bounce up and down on his feet. When I would say "dance,dance dance" he would shake his head back and forth and around. It was too funny! We are going to have to get it on video.

8 comments:

MamaOfTwo said...

CONGRATULATIONS, Mommy! Congratulations, Levi! Congratulations, Big Sister, Rachel!
Congratulations, Grandpa and Grandma!!
And the same wishes to all the rest of your family!

So very happy for all of you. :)

I know you've waited what seems like an eternity for this day. Being together with him, knowing he's your son, must feel a little bit like a dream right now.

I have a million things I want to say, and for the life of me, I can't seem to articulate them. I'll have to save them for when I see you, I guess.

Thinking of you. What a special day!

Love, M.

Laura said...

Congratulations!!! Such a special day =).

Chad and Jess said...

Congrats Tracy! Your father looks to proud too! How cute is he in that ergo carrier! He has the best smile!

Lisa said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! The smiles on your faces say it all!

Willis said...

Congrats! You have the most precious baby! We adopted our son from Vietnam in March of 07. Time flies by. Enjoy every minute with him and all your time in Vietnam.

NHP said...

I have been checking like a mad-dog waiting to see these pictures : )
You have a handsome son and he knows you are his mama... God prepares His children for their family!
Continue to enjoy Vietnam, get out as much as you can and take lots of pictues. Buy lots of things for Levi, family and friends, you will not be walking those streets again for some time so don't feel like you are overbuying!
Congrat's mommy of two.
Natasha

Salzwedel Family said...

Congratulations to your beautiful family!

cupfar said...

Yay!! Random question, so, is he a size 2 or 3? Told you it was random! :) You must be loving him so and can't keep your eyes off the dear fella!

My Thankful List

  • salvation through Jesus Christ
  • my beautiful daughter who is beautiful from the inside out
  • a referral of an adorable little boy named Levi
  • a letter of intent before the September 1st deadline
  • God spared my daughter from serious injury when hit by a car in Colorado
  • a wonderful year with my "exchange daughter" from Estonia - Mari-Liis
  • my faithful companion for the past 6 years - Millie - my springer spaniel
  • the peace and joy that comes with surrendering everything to the Lord
  • safety through all the storms that have passed our way
  • my supportive family
  • my incredible church family
  • a sump pump that continued to work for 10 weeks of water and sand seepage
  • birds singing and bugs chirping
  • neighbors and friends who lend a hand in your time of need
  • being able to sleep withe the windows open
  • a new deck to enjoy summer when it stops storming so much
  • the sound of children playing outside on a warm summer night
  • heat when its cold and air conditioning when its hot
  • the blessing of a great job
  • church picnics
  • chocolate
  • beautiful sunsets over Lake Michigan
  • summer vacation
  • beautiful blue skies and warm (not hot) summer days