Friday, August 1, 2008

Introducing Levi Elijah Binh Senior


It's a boy!!!! Yesterday I was working at school trying to get my classroom in order for the start of a new school year. With VBS next week and school only 2 weeks away from starting, I knew I had to work this week. The phone rang in my room. It was our school secretary. She told me there was a Mary Anne on the phone and asked if I knew a Mary Anne. Well, of course I know two Mary Annes. I couldn't imagine that either one had my number or would call me at school but I told her I would take the call. Well, it was Mary Anne from Dillon asking if I had a minute to talk. I had my daughter turn down the radio and whispered to her why. Mary Anne told me she had a little guy and asked if I wanted to hear more. Of course I did!!!That's when she introduced me to Binh Thanh(Levi Elijah Binh). He was born in Can Tho on June 14th. He was 6 lbs. at birth and is now 9 lbs. and 21 in. long. His mother relinquished him on July 1st.

I couldn't believe my ears!! I didn't think that I was going to get a referral before the September 1st cutoff. I had prepared myself to wait longer. I was completely at peace with it. But we serve an amazing God!!! Not only did He spare my daughter from death and serious injury, He has blessed me with the most adorable little son!!! Needless to say, even though I stayed at school for about another hour, I didn't get anything accomplished. Let's just say, I didn't get much accomplished the rest of the day. Nor did I sleep much last night!

I know you are all wondering why I didn't post yesterday. Well, I didn't officially accept until today because I was waiting to hear back from the pediatrician I had asked to look over his test results. Although she had promised to get back to me before she left yesterday, she didn't. It wasn't until about 2:30 this afternoon, after calling several times, that I got word that everything looked good. Actually, I was too impatient to wait for her and called Mary Anne back before hearing from the doctor. I believed that everything would be alright because I know that this is the little guy that God has chosen to bring into our family. He is the one we have been praying for for sometime.

8 comments:

Chuck and Jean Anne said...

Congratulations on the referral. He's a handsome little guy. Y'all will love Can Tho.

All the best and God Bless...

Chuck

MamaOfTwo said...

He's just gorgeous! From my family, their response to seeing his pics were "Awwwwww!!!", "Too cute", and "Great".

We are thrilled for you and Rach. What a blessing for your family; And what a blessing you will be for your new son. Many congratulations!

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful news!

M.

Scott and Leslie said...

Woohoo! Another Can Tho baby! Levi is absolutely beautiful! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on a BEAUTIFUL baby boy!!!

Jen (Dillon mom)
http://trungmakesthree.blogspot.com

Jessica said...

CONGRATS!!! He is GORGEOUS!!!! We will be praying that your wait to travel goes quickly and that you might actually have him home for Christmas!

Salzwedel Family said...

Praise God!!!!!!! Your new son is absolutely precious. I am so happy for you.

I don't know much about the process there. How long before you travel? I can't wait to see God's plans unfold and for your precious one to be home.

Heather said...

Congratulations - this is wonderful news!!!

dwayne and melanie said...

Tracy,
This is wonderful news! Congratulations.

My Thankful List

  • salvation through Jesus Christ
  • my beautiful daughter who is beautiful from the inside out
  • a referral of an adorable little boy named Levi
  • a letter of intent before the September 1st deadline
  • God spared my daughter from serious injury when hit by a car in Colorado
  • a wonderful year with my "exchange daughter" from Estonia - Mari-Liis
  • my faithful companion for the past 6 years - Millie - my springer spaniel
  • the peace and joy that comes with surrendering everything to the Lord
  • safety through all the storms that have passed our way
  • my supportive family
  • my incredible church family
  • a sump pump that continued to work for 10 weeks of water and sand seepage
  • birds singing and bugs chirping
  • neighbors and friends who lend a hand in your time of need
  • being able to sleep withe the windows open
  • a new deck to enjoy summer when it stops storming so much
  • the sound of children playing outside on a warm summer night
  • heat when its cold and air conditioning when its hot
  • the blessing of a great job
  • church picnics
  • chocolate
  • beautiful sunsets over Lake Michigan
  • summer vacation
  • beautiful blue skies and warm (not hot) summer days