Yesterday I got all the acceptance papers filled out, notarized and sent out to our agency. They should arrive by Tuesday. There are a series of letters that have to be sent out once they receive the acceptance papers. All these have to be done by September 1st. So, please pray that they speed through!
Before we travel, we need to raise $9,000 to cover the country costs. Praise God it is only $9,000 as we have received a grant from Shaohannah's Hope for $2,000. I am planning to do a number of fundraisers, beginning with selling tubs of cookie dough and Little Caesar's kits. If you are interested in ordering anything from either of these, please let me know. I plan to sell them in the month of August.
My daughter has decided that now that we know Levi is going to be coming into our lives, it is time to prepare the nursery. The soon-to-be nursery is currently our spare bedroom that for the last month and a half has been housing a number of things from the basement. But now that the basement is dry it is time to get that moved back to the basement. We actually spent some time today doing just that! I can't wait to get going on the painting. The only problem we have come across is that when we began this process we were set on a girl. And now that we have a little boy coming, we realized how "girly" our house is. Oh well, that will soon be changing! I can't wait! I'm all up for it! Good thing I like football!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My Thankful List
- salvation through Jesus Christ
- my beautiful daughter who is beautiful from the inside out
- a referral of an adorable little boy named Levi
- a letter of intent before the September 1st deadline
- God spared my daughter from serious injury when hit by a car in Colorado
- a wonderful year with my "exchange daughter" from Estonia - Mari-Liis
- my faithful companion for the past 6 years - Millie - my springer spaniel
- the peace and joy that comes with surrendering everything to the Lord
- safety through all the storms that have passed our way
- my supportive family
- my incredible church family
- a sump pump that continued to work for 10 weeks of water and sand seepage
- birds singing and bugs chirping
- neighbors and friends who lend a hand in your time of need
- being able to sleep withe the windows open
- a new deck to enjoy summer when it stops storming so much
- the sound of children playing outside on a warm summer night
- heat when its cold and air conditioning when its hot
- the blessing of a great job
- church picnics
- chocolate
- beautiful sunsets over Lake Michigan
- summer vacation
- beautiful blue skies and warm (not hot) summer days

3 comments:
I am praying that you will be abundantly blessed & that every dime needed is provided to you.
I can't wait to see how Levi's room turns out. It should be fun decorating.
Just found your blog through Melanie's. Congratulations on your referrral! Can't wait to follow the rest of your journey.
Hi! I just wanted to congratulate you on your beautiful baby boy! I just got my referral in July for a baby boy too and am a single mom. I hope to follow along on your journey to bring him home.
Lina
http:// snipssnailsandpuppydogtails. wordpress. com
Post a Comment