Friday, July 31, 2009

The Call- One Year Ago Today


One year ago today I was working in my classroom at school trying to get ready to start a new school year when the phone rang. I answered it and Stacy our secretary said she had a MaryAnne on the phone. The only Mary Anne I knew, other than my aunt, was Mary Anne at Dillon. I took the phone call and it was Mary Anne from Dillon. She said she had a little boy to tell me about. She shared about a little boy from Can Tho. He was born on June 14th. She shared some other basic information and then asked if I wanted to see more information. I printed off the information after telling everyone at the school and calling Rachel, my friends Sue and Michelle, and my dad who was going to go with me to Vietnam. I asked my dad if he had his passport ready. I couldn't work any longer because I was sooo excited. So I left school and went to the pediatrician's office to have her look over the information so I could make a definite decision. She didn't get back to me until the next day but I had already made up my mind that this was my son. What an exciting day! I can't believe how things can change in one year!!

1 comment:

cupfar said...

I can't believe it!! A year!!! How amazing is that? And can you even remember the time when we were all logging on the forums daily checking for updates and then posting each Step we had to go through??? Seems like forever ago! Congrats to you!! You now reminded us that it's been almost a year too!!

My Thankful List

  • salvation through Jesus Christ
  • my beautiful daughter who is beautiful from the inside out
  • a referral of an adorable little boy named Levi
  • a letter of intent before the September 1st deadline
  • God spared my daughter from serious injury when hit by a car in Colorado
  • a wonderful year with my "exchange daughter" from Estonia - Mari-Liis
  • my faithful companion for the past 6 years - Millie - my springer spaniel
  • the peace and joy that comes with surrendering everything to the Lord
  • safety through all the storms that have passed our way
  • my supportive family
  • my incredible church family
  • a sump pump that continued to work for 10 weeks of water and sand seepage
  • birds singing and bugs chirping
  • neighbors and friends who lend a hand in your time of need
  • being able to sleep withe the windows open
  • a new deck to enjoy summer when it stops storming so much
  • the sound of children playing outside on a warm summer night
  • heat when its cold and air conditioning when its hot
  • the blessing of a great job
  • church picnics
  • chocolate
  • beautiful sunsets over Lake Michigan
  • summer vacation
  • beautiful blue skies and warm (not hot) summer days