Monday, July 20, 2009
Anyone for a good laugh...on me?
So, today was the first day of our vacation. We got up and left early this morning (altthough not as early as I would have liked). Even though Levi didn't sleep until after Springfield, he did quite well in the car. Perhaps it was having 3 women to look after him, with one in the seat right next to him. We reached the Arch in great time. We had some lunch and headed over for the tour. We had to go through security and then buy our tickets. Then we had to wait for an hour and a half to go up so we decided to go through the museum that is there. I had Levi in the stroller but he didn't really want to stay in there so I put him in the carrier. Well, on the front wasn't working because he kept wanting to grab the camera when I was taking pictures so I put him on the back. He hadn't been on my back more than 10 minutes when I felt this warm liquid running down my back. You guessed it!! He had peed through his diaper, his onesie, his shorts, and onto me and the carrier. Needless to say, it looked like I had peed my pants as well. Praise God we still had 45 minutes until it was our turn to go up because I had to make the long trek back to the van to get clean, dry clothes for both of us and then back through security (because even though I explained the situation to one of the ladies, they would not make an exception for me). Well, we can definitely say it was a memorable start to our vacation. Pictures to follow hopefully tomorrow. For now it is off to bed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My Thankful List
- salvation through Jesus Christ
- my beautiful daughter who is beautiful from the inside out
- a referral of an adorable little boy named Levi
- a letter of intent before the September 1st deadline
- God spared my daughter from serious injury when hit by a car in Colorado
- a wonderful year with my "exchange daughter" from Estonia - Mari-Liis
- my faithful companion for the past 6 years - Millie - my springer spaniel
- the peace and joy that comes with surrendering everything to the Lord
- safety through all the storms that have passed our way
- my supportive family
- my incredible church family
- a sump pump that continued to work for 10 weeks of water and sand seepage
- birds singing and bugs chirping
- neighbors and friends who lend a hand in your time of need
- being able to sleep withe the windows open
- a new deck to enjoy summer when it stops storming so much
- the sound of children playing outside on a warm summer night
- heat when its cold and air conditioning when its hot
- the blessing of a great job
- church picnics
- chocolate
- beautiful sunsets over Lake Michigan
- summer vacation
- beautiful blue skies and warm (not hot) summer days

2 comments:
Sorry - I DID have to chuckle a bit. Welcome to Mommyhood - round 2. That warm feeling...I remember it well.
Thanks for the giggle.
Oh man! I bet you weren't expecting that one, but what a memorable start to your vacation.
Post a Comment