For the past several years our church has always taken the month of January for a time of fasting and prayer. In the past I have focused on fasting food and using that time to spend more time seeking God in prayer and in His Word. Today I was reading my friend Stephanie's blog and she posted that she felt God was calling her to take a week away from the blogging world so that she could focus on seeking Him in their adoption situation. I thought what a great thing that was to do. Well, little did I know that when I went to church tonight, during the time of prayer and worship, I would feel God telling me that I was to follow her lead and do the same. So, for the next week, I will not be posting or checking in on anyone else's blogs. I am going to use the time to pray and to delve into the Word and to maybe even memorize some pertinent Scriptures. I will be checking my email once a day as this is the way that most of my communication comes regarding our adoption but I will not be posting anything. I will post any new news when I return next week Thursday. I know that I will definitely miss checking up on all of you but I feel that this is important for me to do at this time. I need to get my heart right before the Lord and prepare myself for what He wants to do in me and through me.
I would ask everyone reading to please remember to pray next week Thursday evening for Levi and his birthmother as they will be going through the DNA testing then (which is Friday morning in Vietnam). I ask that you especially remember his birthmother as I can imagine that it was difficult for her to give him up for adoption in the first place. I'm sure this will not be an easy day for her. My heart aches for her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My Thankful List
- salvation through Jesus Christ
- my beautiful daughter who is beautiful from the inside out
- a referral of an adorable little boy named Levi
- a letter of intent before the September 1st deadline
- God spared my daughter from serious injury when hit by a car in Colorado
- a wonderful year with my "exchange daughter" from Estonia - Mari-Liis
- my faithful companion for the past 6 years - Millie - my springer spaniel
- the peace and joy that comes with surrendering everything to the Lord
- safety through all the storms that have passed our way
- my supportive family
- my incredible church family
- a sump pump that continued to work for 10 weeks of water and sand seepage
- birds singing and bugs chirping
- neighbors and friends who lend a hand in your time of need
- being able to sleep withe the windows open
- a new deck to enjoy summer when it stops storming so much
- the sound of children playing outside on a warm summer night
- heat when its cold and air conditioning when its hot
- the blessing of a great job
- church picnics
- chocolate
- beautiful sunsets over Lake Michigan
- summer vacation
- beautiful blue skies and warm (not hot) summer days

1 comment:
I hope you find your spirit renewed, Tracy. I will pray for Levi and his birth mother.
Post a Comment