Monday, January 26, 2009

Chuc Mung Nam Moi

Happy Lunar New Year to everyone! I found out too late about a Tet celebration nearby that I would have liked to attend. Perhaps next year we will get there. Then we will have Levi with us! I can't wait! I wish I had received a gift for Tet, like pictures or news about DNA testing being complete but that was not the case. There's always hope for tomorrow.

I have to send some congratulations out to my daughter and my nephew Jadin. Rachel got a part in the play our church is doing for Easter this year. It is called The Carpenter. She plays a 12-year old girl who is crippled. She loves to act and this is her first big part in any play. Last year she had some small parts in several school plays. I think she is pretty excited! Since coming home yesterday from practice, she has been seen walking around the house with her script quite often.

My nephew Jadin participated in a regional free throw shoot contest sponsored by the Elks Club. After missing 5, he made 14 baskets in a row to win the contest for his age group. He now moves onto the state competition. We are very proud of him! He is quite the athlete! Way to go Jadin!

No comments:

My Thankful List

  • salvation through Jesus Christ
  • my beautiful daughter who is beautiful from the inside out
  • a referral of an adorable little boy named Levi
  • a letter of intent before the September 1st deadline
  • God spared my daughter from serious injury when hit by a car in Colorado
  • a wonderful year with my "exchange daughter" from Estonia - Mari-Liis
  • my faithful companion for the past 6 years - Millie - my springer spaniel
  • the peace and joy that comes with surrendering everything to the Lord
  • safety through all the storms that have passed our way
  • my supportive family
  • my incredible church family
  • a sump pump that continued to work for 10 weeks of water and sand seepage
  • birds singing and bugs chirping
  • neighbors and friends who lend a hand in your time of need
  • being able to sleep withe the windows open
  • a new deck to enjoy summer when it stops storming so much
  • the sound of children playing outside on a warm summer night
  • heat when its cold and air conditioning when its hot
  • the blessing of a great job
  • church picnics
  • chocolate
  • beautiful sunsets over Lake Michigan
  • summer vacation
  • beautiful blue skies and warm (not hot) summer days