A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in His holy dwelling. God sets the lonely in families, He leads forth the prisoners with singing;Psalm 68:5,6
I am always so thankful that my daughter received Jesus as her Savior and Lord at a young age and has continued to be more and more open to the Spirit's leading in her life. Often she will share things that she feels God has showed her during her quiet times with Him. The other night, Rachel and I were preparing to have our prayer time before bed and she shared that she had read this verse in her devotional time and that this verse described our family well. She said that in this verse, she is the fatherless, I am the widow, Levi is the lonely who is being set in our family, and the people in our family that have never repented of their sins and confessed Jesus as their Savior and Lord are the prisoners that God longs to lead forth with singing. Wow! She is exactly right. It is our prayer that everyone reading this blog would not just recognize God in their heads but would experience the freedom that comes of living their lives completely sold out for Him. I know that a lot of people think that if you give your lives completely over to Christ, that you won't have any fun. But they are so wrong! All around me I see people who are living their lives for themselves and acknowledging God only when they are in desperate need. They are living in bondage and are so unhappy. They may not think they are but if you really look at them, they are. Then I see the people who have decided to give their lives completely over to Christ and I see a joy and a peace coming from them that nothing in the world can give. I am learning that the more I give my life over to Christ, the richer my life becomes. I pray that the same is true for all of you today.

3 comments:
This is a beautiful post...it is our desire that our children grow up to know the true meaning of "family" too. I truly hope that they will adopt a child into their own families someday....
Heather M.
What a blessing to have a daughter that you can share the joy of the Lord and His Word with! She sounds like a pretty special kid =).
I love your openness in this post. Can I ask how you became a widow? I just talked to a friend last night who lost her husband, and my heart ached for her. Any words of advice you can give me to witness to young people like you living with such a loss. I can't imagine losing my husband. My dad passed away about 2 years ago, and that is still a daily challenge to overcome. I don't know what I'd do without God as my source of strength! Your daughter sounds very spiritually mature!
Sherry
Post a Comment