Today was a great day for 3 of the families from Dillon who all finally received pre-approval and will be traveling (hopefully soon). Hooray!! I am soooo happy for them! With all the struggles they have endured to get to this point, it is nice to see them get some positive news for a change. Two of them have children in Can Tho with Levi so I know they will love on him for me. That will leave him 1 of 2 children left in the orphanage until I can go and bring him home. I know that means he will receive lots of love and attention from the nannies.
I am so thankful to my friend J who is Vietnam right now. She sent me 2 emails this morning. In the first one she told me that both times they were at the center, they held and loved on and played with Levi. He was alert and happy. In the second email, she sent me the link to the video they made of when they first met their son. In it you catch a glimpse of Levi with his legs sticking out of the crib. It is only a glimpse but it was still nice to see as well as the place where he is living until I can get there to pick him up. It meant so much to me that she would be take the time to do this for me while she is still in country.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My Thankful List
- salvation through Jesus Christ
- my beautiful daughter who is beautiful from the inside out
- a referral of an adorable little boy named Levi
- a letter of intent before the September 1st deadline
- God spared my daughter from serious injury when hit by a car in Colorado
- a wonderful year with my "exchange daughter" from Estonia - Mari-Liis
- my faithful companion for the past 6 years - Millie - my springer spaniel
- the peace and joy that comes with surrendering everything to the Lord
- safety through all the storms that have passed our way
- my supportive family
- my incredible church family
- a sump pump that continued to work for 10 weeks of water and sand seepage
- birds singing and bugs chirping
- neighbors and friends who lend a hand in your time of need
- being able to sleep withe the windows open
- a new deck to enjoy summer when it stops storming so much
- the sound of children playing outside on a warm summer night
- heat when its cold and air conditioning when its hot
- the blessing of a great job
- church picnics
- chocolate
- beautiful sunsets over Lake Michigan
- summer vacation
- beautiful blue skies and warm (not hot) summer days

3 comments:
Wow! I'm so glad you got a video glimpse of Levi! What a special treat! And I'm so excited that all those folks who have been waiting so long got some good news today!!
That's awesome! Power to all the Dillon AP's and PAP's!! I am learning to just love everyone on the forum and how resourceful everyone is for one another!! Truly a blessing to know you all!!
Good news (even for others) is always encouraging...it gives you hope that your turn will come.
Post a Comment