Thursday, December 25, 2008

Thankful Thursday

Today I have much to be thankful for as we celebrate the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ. This day, as it is also Thankful Thursday, I would like to focus on the three things I am most thankful for this Christmas. The first is my Savior Jesus Christ. This year I am reminded that Christmas without Easter is meaningless. Without Christ's death and resurrection, His birth would mean nothing. I am so thankful that when I was in 7th grade, at a junior high youth camp weekend, I made the most important decision of my life - I asked Jesus to come and live in my heart and be my Savior and Lord. My prayer for everyone reading this blog is that they would know Jesus as Savior and Lord.


I am thankful for my daughter Rachel, who is the joy of my life. I don't know what I would do without her.



I am thankful for my son Levi, who is waiting for me in Vietnam. I cannot wait to go and get him. January 16th is the DNA appointment and I am hoping that for my birthday on February 9th I will receive preapproval. I know that may be a stretch but a girl can hope and pray.

3 comments:

Salzwedel Family said...

Praying with you. God is able!

Lisa said...

Blessed indeed! And praying for your next big blessing!

cupfar said...

Merry Christmas to you!! And yes, a girl can hope for a sooner GNR date! Here's to 2009!!!

My Thankful List

  • salvation through Jesus Christ
  • my beautiful daughter who is beautiful from the inside out
  • a referral of an adorable little boy named Levi
  • a letter of intent before the September 1st deadline
  • God spared my daughter from serious injury when hit by a car in Colorado
  • a wonderful year with my "exchange daughter" from Estonia - Mari-Liis
  • my faithful companion for the past 6 years - Millie - my springer spaniel
  • the peace and joy that comes with surrendering everything to the Lord
  • safety through all the storms that have passed our way
  • my supportive family
  • my incredible church family
  • a sump pump that continued to work for 10 weeks of water and sand seepage
  • birds singing and bugs chirping
  • neighbors and friends who lend a hand in your time of need
  • being able to sleep withe the windows open
  • a new deck to enjoy summer when it stops storming so much
  • the sound of children playing outside on a warm summer night
  • heat when its cold and air conditioning when its hot
  • the blessing of a great job
  • church picnics
  • chocolate
  • beautiful sunsets over Lake Michigan
  • summer vacation
  • beautiful blue skies and warm (not hot) summer days