Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Love You, Mommy!






Those are the words I heard this morning before I left for school. Each morning Sue, Levi's babysitter, and Levi walk out with me to the car and I get kisses and waves good bye. I always tell him I love him. This morning when I said, "Love you buddy!" he said these words. Sue and I looked at each other in shock. Of course it wasn't as clear as and adult would say it but we definitely could tell that's what he was saying. It made my mommy heart so happy! What a great way to start the day!!

After school, when I picked him up, he was sitting while Sue read a book to him. She said that he could listen to that book all day. It's a dinosaur book. That's pretty amazing because he hasn't always had enough sit to listen to books for more than a few minutes. Lately that has been getting better as he will pull out a book and "read" himself.

She also told me how good he is with the little girl that she has just started watching who is about 11 months old. Today when she was fussing, he went and got her blankie that she sleeps with. Sue said that she thought he would make a great big brother some day.

When we got home, we found another dog at our house. Bret brought his mom and dad's lab to the house for a couple of days while they are vacationing. Levi is loving Riley. He lets Levi sit on him and hug him and kiss him. Levi loved playing in Riley's cage when Bret brought it upstairs. It is so cute!!

3 comments:

Mari-Liis Suvi-Otstak said...

''I love you too!''
and I love Levi and erything about your family!

miss you

Julie said...

So sweet to hear them say that the first time. Always melts my heart.

Salzwedel Family said...

Oh I bet those words were sweet music to your ears! What a blessing.

My Thankful List

  • salvation through Jesus Christ
  • my beautiful daughter who is beautiful from the inside out
  • a referral of an adorable little boy named Levi
  • a letter of intent before the September 1st deadline
  • God spared my daughter from serious injury when hit by a car in Colorado
  • a wonderful year with my "exchange daughter" from Estonia - Mari-Liis
  • my faithful companion for the past 6 years - Millie - my springer spaniel
  • the peace and joy that comes with surrendering everything to the Lord
  • safety through all the storms that have passed our way
  • my supportive family
  • my incredible church family
  • a sump pump that continued to work for 10 weeks of water and sand seepage
  • birds singing and bugs chirping
  • neighbors and friends who lend a hand in your time of need
  • being able to sleep withe the windows open
  • a new deck to enjoy summer when it stops storming so much
  • the sound of children playing outside on a warm summer night
  • heat when its cold and air conditioning when its hot
  • the blessing of a great job
  • church picnics
  • chocolate
  • beautiful sunsets over Lake Michigan
  • summer vacation
  • beautiful blue skies and warm (not hot) summer days